Leeds United | Vital Football

Leeds United

GRSoldie

Vital Youth Team
SKY haven't stopped celebrating since Leeds got promoted. I don't know who it is at SKY that is a Leeds fan but at least someone else will get a look in for future Championship live games.
I haven't got any figures but I would think Leeds have had more than the lions share of live games.
Supposed to be a giant in football but it's taken 16 years to get back.

Couldn’t agree more, I think every Leeds match has been televised since the break, hopefully the focus will go onto the other teams vying for promotion now as well as the relegation zone.

Premier League Champions in the next three years! Marcelo Bielsa is a great coach!

You’re right about Bielsa being a great coach, at least. Leeds United and their fans in particular can get fucked though.

Last edited:
What is more amazing is that it looks like they will be joined by Brentford.

Their ground still looks a bit basic on TV so not sure how much work they have done to upgrade it. Is it Premier League standard? Do they have a backer with money in the same way that Bournemouth and Brighton have?

EDIT - Cancel that. I have just found this (financed by 910 new homes presumably):
https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/

What is more amazing is that it looks like they will be joined by Brentford.

Their ground still looks a bit basic on TV so not sure how much work they have done to upgrade it. Is it Premier League standard? Do they have a backer with money in the same way that Bournemouth and Brighton have?

EDIT - Cancel that. I have just found this (financed by 910 new homes presumably):
https://newstadium.brentfordfc.com/
I said on another thread, the owner is super wealthy, the club has no debt, griffin park site already sold, £150m tv rights money if they go up which I hope they do!

Well done Leeds. I know more than a few, who are celebrating up there. Many clubs have passionate fans but few places and their inhabitants identify with their local club so strongly; it will have a massive effect on the city. I hope WBA & Brentford accompany them however it works out. If crowds ever come back Elland Road in full voice will enliven the premiership.

I'm pleased they're back up in the top division. They deserved a spell out of it but it's been a while now.

And I love Bielsa. Mozzer might have gone a little OTT with his Champions in three years prediction but I understand his thinking and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leeds are playing in the Champions League within the next few years - If they keep Bielsa as manager.

I'm pleased they're back up in the top division. They deserved a spell out of it but it's been a while now.

And I love Bielsa. Mozzer might have gone a little OTT with his Champions in three years prediction but I understand his thinking and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Leeds are playing in the Champions League within the next few years - If they keep Bielsa as manager.

Thing is he doesn't stay long at any one club and always makes his own decisions. His two longest spells have been as national manager: Argentia 1998-2004 & Chile 2007 - 2011. He'll be 65 in a few days time and may fancy heading wherever he views as home.

Mixed feelings. The majority of Leeds fans are generally die-hard and they have been through the EFL doldrums for a long, long time. So I wish them and Leeds well in the Premiership. On the other hand there can`t be many clubs, Millwall excepted, with such a high proportion of nasty, yobby followers. In recent years, since living up here and traversing the railway system to get to Gills` games, I have got used to hordes of Leeds fans roaming around the same railway network whenever Leeds play away. Having frequently been on the same trains, the yob tag applied to many of their idiots is well founded.

Best team in the Championship this year, pure and simple. Lucky enough to be behind closed doors to see them recently and their running and team-first attitude was tremendous. Bielsa very clearly running the tightest of ships.

Luke Ayling is one of the most underrated players outside the Premier league.

Mixed feelings. The majority of Leeds fans are generally die-hard and they have been through the EFL doldrums for a long, long time. So I wish them and Leeds well in the Premiership. On the other hand there can`t be many clubs, Millwall excepted, with such a high proportion of nasty, yobby followers. In recent years, since living up here and traversing the railway system to get to Gills` games, I have got used to hordes of Leeds fans roaming around the same railway network whenever Leeds play away. Having frequently been on the same trains, the yob tag applied to many of their idiots is well founded.

Went by train with Leeds fans to their away game at Burnley about 8 years ago, absolutely mental. So many options for jumping off for a drink and boarding the next train, going beyond Burnley and doing the same. They will fill the away ends at every Northern ground and many others. Leeds on tour is a sight to behold. Just pray Cardiff don't do it via the play offs.

Best team song by a mile “Leeds Leeds Leeds”....

but bloody awful bunch of c*nts supporters......

Especially the year we got relegated at Leeds .... I was there and they were proper gloating at us.... w*nkers

Waiting for a visit on here from Kinel_Leeds, remember him?

He was a good laugh actually and also knew his stuff. Also Townfish and Melksham Red (both Swindon fans). Unfortunately they were a few Boards ago now weren’t they? Bet they don’t know where we migrated to.