Leeds United Fan Comments | Page 2 | Vital Football

Leeds United Fan Comments

Jacob was woeful in that position, granted it's not his position. He lacked positional awareness, and his normally assured touches had gone, likely a bit of panic playing in an unfamiliar position.
If Fox's performance wasn't up to his usual standard, then that's likely him over compensating for Jacob.
Hopefully Figi is back this weekend, or at least for Reading.
Think you are being unfair to yacob, we were playing against the top team with possibly the best attack in the league. Apart from a couple of nervy cldarances (that cost us nowt) I thought he was pretty much perfect in terms of positioning, tackling and countering any Ariel threat. You were probably watching on Rogers though?

Welcome.

Leeds were better in patches, but we had to contend with injury after 5 mins & a team/tactical re-shuffle.... fair enough we were already 1-0 up, but that disruption should not be ignored.

Yacob hit post with a header too.

Was their keeper any better than Pants - who made 2-3 good saves? (Their GK was caught napping for the 1st, slow off his line - good save to deny Lolley in 1st half though)

Can't deny I'd like another winger/striker - but LB & centre half 1st please!

A CB on loan possibly but I'm not keen on more barriers to entry for Worrall.

Ha, Rogers nice one. Not anymore, as the candian networks sold off all championship, champions league and Internationals to DAZN.

I love Jacob, but if Leeds hadn't gone down to 10 men we would have lost this game, as our defence was badly exposed. I would have moved Robinson inside and put anyone of Colback, Janko, or Osborn there at the time.

A short term loan until Fiji and Daws are fit is likely essential now.

Just hope we can now start dictating games and string some consistency together. If we can get a playoff place, I'd fancy us against most teams, but would be wary of West Brom the most, so hope they go up automatically.
Still think Sheff Utd and Boro will drop back

Ha, Rogers nice one. Not anymore, as the candian networks sold off all championship, champions league and Internationals to DAZN.

I love Jacob, but if Leeds hadn't gone down to 10 men we would have lost this game, as our defence was badly exposed. I would have moved Robinson inside and put anyone of Colback, Janko, or Osborn there at the time.

Fairly sure that emergency loans, loans of a duration between 28 and 93 days, were scrapped two seasons ago, the exception being for Goal Keepers.

Loans are now for either a half or whole season.

We already have six loans (wiki has Hefele as a loan which I think is incorrect) which means we have room for 2 more, only 5 of which can make the match day squad

Yes but Yacob is better on the floor against the quick moving Leeds attack and less likely to rashly pull someone down in the box than Robbo? I would have agreed with you if we were playing Millwall but I think it was an inspired switch from AK myself.

Just hope we can now start dictating games and string some consistency together. If we can get a playoff place, I'd fancy us against most teams, but would be wary of West Brom the most, so hope they go up automatically.
Still think Sheff Utd and Boro will drop back

That is an interesting point about dictating games.

The team appear to be far more confident playing counter attacking football, even at home.

Against Leeds we started the game with ideal circumstances for the way we appear to like to play; Leeds with their natural inclination to attack leaving us to hit them on the counter.

Leeds then go a player down; Bielsa starts the second half by taking off a defender and replacing him with a more forward minded player.

The natural way to counter that would be to stick another player in a more forward role, making them bring another player back into a defensive position.

No, we carried on as before which effectively minimised the fact that they had a player less.

Not until we went a goal down did we throw caution to the wind and go for it.

I am not so sure that the reluctance to be more expansive comes from the manager either; he made a remark about the players having the confidence to move on from here, after the game on Tuesday, not for the first time this season.

Maybe the players, certainly some of them, do not have the confidence in their own ability to express themselves more freely.

That is an interesting point about dictating games.

The team appear to be far more confident playing counter attacking football, even at home.

Against Leeds we started the game with ideal circumstances for the way we appear to like to play; Leeds with their natural inclination to attack leaving us to hit them on the counter.

Leeds then go a player down; Bielsa starts the second half by taking off a defender and replacing him with a more forward minded player.

The natural way to counter that would be to stick another player in a more forward role, making them bring another player back into a defensive position.

No, we carried on as before which effectively minimised the fact that they had a player less.

Not until we went a goal down did we throw caution to the wind and go for it.

I am not so sure that the reluctance to be more expansive comes from the manager either; he made a remark about the players having the confidence to move on from here, after the game on Tuesday, not for the first time this season.

Maybe the players, certainly some of them, do not have the confidence in their own ability to express themselves more freely.

Then it will be down to AK to encourage that. Think it may also be affected by our defence- difficult to express yourself when u are worried what's behind you.