Leeds United 1 West Brom 0 | Vital Football

Leeds United 1 West Brom 0

Whiteknight

Vital Reserves Team
Massive, Massive three points.
Big effort.
West Brom is a team that is hard to defend, and the first quality side Leeds met.
They duly put Leeds under the cosh.
Leeds defensive quality were immediately in the spotlight and they emerged with a ragged victory, albeit with some timely tweaking from Bielsa.

Mind Games! Mind Games!

West Brom was probably undone by the mind games.
They probably expect Leeds to shuffle after a poor shift at Charlton.
And were caught pointing their cannon in the wrong direction when Bielsa fielded an unchanged side.

Other than the attitude, little’s changed.

Much better, Casillas is still untidy coming for the ball. Bamford is still woeful in his shooting.
Bielsa must decide if he’s a hare or a front man.
And Harrison is still running up alleys.

First half was as normal as you could expect from Leeds against a good side. Second half WBA did a 'Leeds' and had a lot of ball and a lot of attack but couldn't find a finish. As it turned out it was better game management in that we got in a defensive mind set for 45 minutes rather than getting panicky for the last 15 which happens when we dominate all match.
Yes Bamford missed a good chance but he chased.harried and was tough which was much needed in the circumstances. If we dominate and he misses it is bad for us. If we have a more even game and win then i can live with that. My only concern is he rarely hits anything hard and mostly tries to steer the ball into the net which is less successful.

Soon he is going to hit goal scoring form to compliment the hard work he does. He is not like previous shysters we have had who only bothered to run when they felt like it.

Soon he is going to hit goal scoring form to compliment the hard work he does. He is not like previous shysters we have had who only bothered to run when they felt like it.

Good to know your still with us Des. Bamford must have watching the Morison videos to come out with that performance. He also seems to be a bit like Strevie boy when he has a chance to score. If he does hit the goal scoring trail we'll be up by Easter.

You might see your hero on Saturday as he could be Millwall's new manager.
I have to point out out that I have never seen Bamford hit the corner flag with his shots.