Leave to appeal - DENIED! | Vital Football

Leave to appeal - DENIED!

nunu

Vital Squad Member
The Oystons have apparantly failed in their bid to appeal their court case with VB and that the next payment is due in a few days!
Better put your hand in your pockets to help your Oyston mates out! (This is to those who still attend Bloomers to line the pockets of the unscrupulous owners)

This is great news...a massive nail in the Oyston's coffins.
I wonder just how long they will try to cling on?...

The mushrooms will still support them with their hard earned cash though...Why would anybody want to support and thereby condone these horrible people?

Today's Ggggeeerrrzzzeeetttteee
The Oystons have been denied permission by the Court of Appeal to appeal November's High Court ruling.
The owners of Blackpool Football Club had hoped to overturn the decision made by Justice Marcus Smith, or at least reduce the payments owed to former director Valeri Belokon. So they asked for permission to take the case to the Court of Appeal, but Lady Justice Asplin found there was "no real prospect of success".
The Oystons raised four grounds for appeal but all four were refused. She found: "There is no real prospect of success or other compelling reason why an appeal on this ground should be heard.
"The judge was entitled to come to the conclusion he did on the facts in relation to the 'gentleman's agreement'. "The judge set out the relevant facts carefully and in detail. There is no real prospect of succeeding in arguing that there was no evidential basis for his findings or that no reasonable judge could have come to them.
"The judge was entitled to find that the improper payments were concealed dividends.
His reasoning reveals no error of law. "Further, the judge took account of the expert evidence and gave detailed reasons for declining to follow the conclusions to the reports." An application for a stay has also been refused.
This only compounds the misery for the Oystons, who must now pay £10m by 4pm on Wednesday. Two further payments of £7.5m must be paid by the end of March and May respectively.
They met December's deadline to pay the first £10m installment. It comes after a High Court judge ordered the Oystons to buy out Valeri Belokon's shares for £31.27m back in November after it was found they had illegitimately stripped the club following its promotion to the Premier League.
The football club was put up for sale four days later. During November's judgement, Justice Marcus Smith found the Oystons had paid £26.77m out of the club to companies they owned which fundamentally breached their duties as directors and unfairly prejudiced Mr Belokon.

SeasideEssexXile - 30/1/2018 06:26

Amazingly fans attending are now 'mates' of the Oystons.

Certainly proven supporters of the Oystons. Prepared to help finance them all along the line.

Thats right Whitey ! The collaborators are trying to use any words to defend their low moral actions! If when the club eventually is returned the said same people who are attending if were told they were banned for say 2 years for their actions were asked if they continued to attend & therefore support the regime by doing so! Would probably deny it that's how low their morals are!

Sat talking with 2 Irish lads on Saturday who flew in from Belfast for the game.

They had come to pay their respects to JA. Not even Pool fans but held the man in such high esteem said they just had to be there.

Don't see me calling people for not attending.

Everyone does things their own way, and for their own reasons, Saturday was proof of that.
Difference between me and others on here who claim to be holier than thou is that I don't preach to them like they try to chastise others.

This site has prided itself on being the most accepting of fans views and opinions of all the Pool sites if you can't stomach it and talk football then my advice is to join Layton on tit. His high and mighty attacks don't quite get the respectful responses he did on here.

There has been no news re new buyers for quite a few weeks. I put this down hopefully or realistically to some due diligence taking place. This news can surely only speed things up. The sooner we can get back to moaning about football matters the better. We need to hold onto GB and get some of these players on renewed contracts

SeasideEssexXile - 30/1/2018 19:15

Sat talking with 2 Irish lads on Saturday who flew in from Belfast for the game.

They had come to pay their respects to JA. Not even Pool fans but held the man in such high esteem said they just had to be there.

Everyone does things their own way, and for their own reasons, Saturday was proof of that.
Difference between me and others on here who claim to be holier than thou is that I don't preach to them like they try to chastise others.

This site has prided itself on being the most accepting of fans views and opinions of all the Pool sites if you can't stomach it and talk football then my advice is to join Layton on tit. His high and mighty attacks don't quite get the respectful responses he did on here.

You are completely missing the point. By continuing to go through the turnstiles you finance those who have been screwing the club for years and have had the audacity to sue fans, some of whom have been vindicated by the recent court judgment.
Of course you have the right to make your choice but that choice has helped to finance those who have been cheating you and the rest of us for years.

whitey1942 - 30/1/2018 20:50

You are completely missing the point. By continuing to go through the turnstiles you finance those who have been screwing the club for years and have had the audacity to sue fans, some of whom have been vindicated by the recent court judgment.
Of course you have the right to make your choice but that choice has helped to finance those who have been cheating you and the rest of us for years.

Its a fact, Man will never unite 100% Whitey, history has proved this down the years, this is why divide and conquer is so successful for any hierarchy. Must be great fun though being a martyr, sitting in an empty stadium watching dross and losing almost very week, :daft: Each to their own, let em get on with it I say, just be thankful its not us. :tophat:

two great fellas. On my way out I managed a quick word with GB. imagine my surprise when watching an interview he mentioned supporters that had travelled from the USA, Cornwall and Ipswich. He must of had a million and one things on his mind but remembered that brief chat. the club then arranged 2 tickets for tonight. ok only £6 but its what ive found the staff of our club to be like. top notch people like our fans wether theyre in or out of the ground.
its called respect, for the other mans views and beliefs, and long may that continue in the manner it has on this site.

Deadline day tomorrow in more ways than one for BFC. Could be interesting, especially after the leave to appeal was denied

I'll say it again, they sued some one for comments he made on the internet, the same person who made untrue and upsetting remarks about my wife on this site and despite my pleas refused to remove them. My young son read this board FFS

Whatever Prem's views plenty on here give him personal abuse.

Definition of audacity = rude or disrespectful behaviour

This site has over the years been a pretty safe haven for indiduals to air their view - avftit is the place where you can slag people off and talk about your favourite brand of fridge.

SeasideEssexXile - 31/1/2018 06:34

I'll say it again, they sued some one for comments he made on the internet, the same person who made untrue and upsetting remarks about my wife on this site and despite my pleas refused to remove them. My young son read this board FFS

Whatever Prem's views plenty on here give him personal abuse.

Definition of audacity = rude or disrespectful behaviour

This site has over the years been a pretty safe haven for indiduals to air their view - avftit is the place where you can slag people off and talk about your favourite brand of fridge.

Some one said to me that I had a grey hair, I was devastated and couldn't sleep for six months I was considering suing I was offended that badly, it hurt so much. Prem's done his fair share too. Man up for Gods sake.

Sexy is right that the libel actions against fans should be considered on a case by case basis. In my opinion most of the actions were disproportionate and disgraceful and it is significant that they haven't yet brought actions against any of the national media.
Sexy has never berated us for being NAPM so I have more respect for his considered opinion than for that of You Know Who, who has frequently expressed the view that BST and the NAPMers are part of the problem. It has often seemed as if You Know Who is deliberately winding up most of us and is therefore deserving of most of the dog's abuse he receives but if anyone thinks this "abuse" is excessive they should try going on to AVFTT .....I wish a few of their more rational posters would come on here .....they would at least get away from the serious nut jobs that infest that site. :tophat: