League Two is complete, but.... | Vital Football

League Two is complete, but....

LancsGordoRoad

Vital Champions League
......it does leave those based in my former homeland of Kent very few "localish" away games.

I`ve just worked out that, as lop-sided geography now dominates L2, I`ll be going to between 18 - 20 GFC away games. But, for Kent folk, there will only be four of five games within easy reach of Gillingham.

And some of those aren`t on the doorstep - eg Swindon, MK Dons. The other three are Colchester United and Wimbledon - fair away allocation, and Bromley ! At Bromley, the away allocation will be nominal and much sought after, so those determined to make the trip need to start work on their Pearly Kings & Queens outfits in order to infiltrate, via the apples `n pairs of the main stand or some other non-hazardous gaff in the manor.

We shall see if Bromley can develop anything in time to increase the away end. But as you say its gonna be a ticket bundle !!😁

When the fixtures come out there are always one or two "special" away days to look forward to e.g. big stadiums or new grounds to tick off. Going to struggle next season to find them.

I'm not fussed about Bromley. Tiny stadium. Notts Co and MK possibly the only ones to look out for me. Been to both but decent stadiums.

When the fixtures come out there are always one or two "special" away days to look forward to e.g. big stadiums or new grounds to tick off. Going to struggle next season to find them.

I'm not fussed about Bromley. Tiny stadium. Notts Co and MK possibly the only ones to look out for me. Been to both but decent stadiums.
Swindon and Cheltenham away are my most local. Still about two and half hours 😂
Desperate for league one football for Bristol Rovers Plymouth and Exeter (when Plymouth gets relegated

MK Dons is my most local one as it was this season, other than that there's really not a lot around to get interested in. Normally I'd expect to have at least one of Northampton, Cambridge or Peterborough in our league, all within the hour for me - but none of those for the 2nd year running. Other than MK, I think it's possibly Notts County as my next nearest which was a fun one this last season, then maybe Walsall.

Bromley would be an interesting one to do but I doubt I'll get a ticket not being a ST holder. Plus it doesn't have the local factor for me that it does for others of you!

......it does leave those based in my former homeland of Kent very few "localish" away games.

I`ve just worked out that, as lop-sided geography now dominates L2, I`ll be going to between 18 - 20 GFC away games. But, for Kent folk, there will only be four of five games within easy reach of Gillingham.

And some of those aren`t on the doorstep - eg Swindon, MK Dons. The other three are Colchester United and Wimbledon - fair away allocation, and Bromley ! At Bromley, the away allocation will be nominal and much sought after, so those determined to make the trip need to start work on their Pearly Kings & Queens outfits in order to infiltrate, via the apples `n pairs of the main stand or some other non-hazardous gaff in the manor.
I’ll see you at most of those 18-20 Lancs.

I’ll see you at most of those 18-20 Lancs.

Yup. :D
giphy.gif

Early days, but good news for train travellers - Virgin want`s to re-introduce train services from Glasgow/Preston/London and compete with the shit show better known as Avanti, along the west coast. Application submitted, fingers crossed, good luck to them.

Accrington, Barrow, Bradford, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Crewe, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Morecambe, Notts County, Port Vale, Salford, Tranmere and Walsall.
Potentially also Cheltenham if it falls on a weekend.

15/16 away games. Selfishly, bloody excellent.

I'm keen to make a first visit to Barrow. Fingers crossed it isn't in the depths of winter, midweek, or postponed due to weather/cup games.

Not going to Grimsby ? - Plastic !

Fair jibe, Lancs! :D I don't know where you live in the Red Rose but I'm guessing it's Blackpool way if you go to Fylde - that must be close to 3 hours, surely?

It possibly comes under a Cheltenham vibe for me - depends if it's a weekend probably. Never been to Grimsby before.
Otherwise, I'll take the plastic shout on the chin :)

Accrington, Barrow, Bradford, Carlisle, Chesterfield, Crewe, Doncaster, Fleetwood, Harrogate, Morecambe, Notts County, Port Vale, Salford, Tranmere and Walsall.
Potentially also Cheltenham if it falls on a weekend.

15/16 away games. Selfishly, bloody excellent.
Chuck the Sky deal into the mix.
Some might be a Tuesday or Thursday night or Sunday afternoon

Fair jibe, Lancs! :D I don't know where you live in the Red Rose but I'm guessing it's Blackpool way if you go to Fylde - that must be close to 3 hours, surely?

It possibly comes under a Cheltenham vibe for me - depends if it's a weekend probably. Never been to Grimsby before.
Otherwise, I'll take the plastic shout on the chin :)
Grimmo`s not the best away day. Last season we were put in the corner, like naughty people.