League one transfer rumours and news | Vital Football

League one transfer rumours and news

Be surprised if anyone is signing anyone until, well, who knows......

But, when that time comes, if Mandron decides to sign elsewhere - good luck to him. And, with so many players likely to be hunting around for clubs next season isn`t it likely that players deemed higher calibre than Mandron will be available for less than Mikael was costing GFC through 2019/20 ?

But, when that time comes, if Mandron decides to sign elsewhere - good luck to him. And, with so many players likely to be hunting around for clubs next season isn`t it likely that players deemed higher calibre than Mandron will be available for less than Mikael was costing GFC through 2019/20 ?
Players out of contract are allowed to talk to clubs now or in a few weeks. Only the best will be snapped up on free deals of course. There is a cost and I am certain that Gillingham will not be able to sign players in the coming months .But will other clubs almost certainly will.Sunderland? Well I don't know maybe or maybe not .I would not be shocked if they did sign two or three free transfer targets when they are able too.

Look at it from a clubs view. If clubs sign a player in the next few months they can't play him .But he is likely to have no income. So a deal will almost certainly be cheaper than a few months later .Players will agree stuff that they never would have done a few months ago.

From the BBC website:

EFL chairman Rick Parry has said 1,400 players across the league's three divisions are out of contract on 30 June. The majority of those players are in League One and League Two.

That`s potentially a large pool of players available, as and when the time to recruit arrives.

From the BBC website:

EFL chairman Rick Parry has said 1,400 players across the league's three divisions are out of contract on 30 June. The majority of those players are in League One and League Two.

That`s potentially a large pool of players available, as and when the time to recruit arrives.
Add to that maybe a equally large amount offer free transfers as clubs seek to reduce their player budgets.

From the BBC website:

I reckon Evans will sign half of them.

I reckon Evans will sign half of them.

😁
I think Scally will make sure he don’t 👍

Joking aside, I think Steve Evans made fewer signings than most of us thought he would. Our squad was reduced from (guess) 23+ to just 18 last summer. And then in Jan we had ins/outs in equal proportion.

😁
I think Scally will make sure he don’t 👍

Joking aside, I think Steve Evans made fewer signings than most of us thought he would. Our squad was reduced from (guess) 23+ to just 18 last summer. And then in Jan we had ins/outs in equal proportion.
Just to take a guess I will punt for 14 senior players next season. Topped up with lads with little or no experience IE Walsh. About another half a dozen like that.