League One Match Thread (16/03/24) | Page 2 | Vital Football

League One Match Thread (16/03/24)

Only three games survive international weekend in L1 (a tad ridiculous?):

Burton v Port Vale
Carlisle v Stevevanswhining
Northampton Town v Derby

Meanwhile, Darren Moore continues to destroy his career in the Potteries:

P8 W0 D2 L6 F5 A16 Pts2 PPG: 0.25

What was he thinking when he took that job? After the debacle at Huddersfield, surely he should have looked for something marginally safer?
What were Vale thinking with the length of contract they gave him.

As well as whatever he has lost at 56 seconds he days "I have lost all ... honesty....."

You lost it a long time ago mate.

What he should be saying is I can't believe I didn't get a life ban 20 years ago.
Jeez, it's the refs fault for this, for that, probably blames the ref for the half time cuppa tea!!. Maybe the teams lost confidence. In his coaching, or he's been found out!.
That last statement says it all how deluded he is!.

Listening to Evans you almost feel sorry for him, he has lost all faith in referees. A broken man lol.
I can't believe Stevenage actually appealed against the length of the retrospective ban given to the off the ball wrestling slam dunk against Peterborough. It was appalling. I thought if you appealed you risked making the punishment worse? , you won't find a more black and white incident anywhere this season, no gray area, yet no extension to the original 3 match ban, doesn't that just send out a message that every club needs to appeal every decision made because the ban isn't going to get worse.

Last edited:
A weird one from championship and league 1 - other than Fleetwood v Charlton, every game had at least 1 team keeping a clean sheet

If you take out us and Reading that's only 12 goals across the other games.
Game on the 6th of next month could be high scoring!!