League One Match Thread (05/03/24) | Vital Football

League One Match Thread (05/03/24)

That will feel like a defeat for Barnsley: two-up into the second half, conceding an equaliser on 98 minutes. Bolton had twenty shots to Barnsley's nine as well.

Just read that Cheltenham striker Aidan Keena has made 37 appearances this season and has scored... none.

No wonder they are in trouble.

Sounds as though Cheltenham are starting to run out of steam a little over the last handful of games. They've been on a great run of form since Clarke took over but it shows you how much trouble they were in when they've not been able to get out the relegation zone despite it.

Sounds as though Cheltenham are starting to run out of steam a little over the last handful of games. They've been on a great run of form since Clarke took over but it shows you how much trouble they were in when they've not been able to get out the relegation zone despite it.
One point and no goals from their first eleven games takes a lot of catching up. They’ve done well to be even within touching distance of the pack

Just read that Cheltenham striker Aidan Keena has made 37 appearances this season and has scored... none.

No wonder they are in trouble.

Yet strangely he started well last season with 6 in 14 plus some assists. Sounds like they paid decent money for him.

Jovon is in danger of a similar barren patch in terms of league goals over more than a season with none in 31 appearances.
Ok he's only 20 and many sub appearances in that, and we're not relying on him any more, but he needs to stick one away soon.
Being a striker comes with a lot of pressure.

Jovon is in danger of a similar barren patch in terms of league goals over more than a season with none in 31 appearances.
Ok he's only 20 and many sub appearances in that, and we're not relying on him any more, but he needs to stick one away soon.
Being a striker comes with a lot of pressure.

We have a striker who made his debut for us in 2021 and has still to score a League goal for Lincoln.

A barren run entering it's 4th year....if you like to characterise things in those terms.

Jovon has also scored twice as many goals as him in cup matches for Lincoln.

To be fair to Draper though he has only started 2 more matches than Makama...and some people think he might turn out okay given a bit of time.

We have a striker who made his debut for us in 2021 and has still to score a League goal for Lincoln.

A barren run entering it's 4th year....if you like to characterise things in those terms.

Jovon has also scored twice as many goals as him in cup matches for Lincoln.

To be fair to Draper though he has only started 2 more matches than Makama...and some people think he might turn out okay given a bit of time.

Wow, that's 100% more cup goals than Freddy or one more if you don't want to distort things with statistical nonsense.

Now you come to mention it I can't think why some people might think Freddy might turn out Okay. Could it be something to do with his goalscoring record between 2022 and 2023 when he wasn't actually playing for us.
Since you want to draw a comparison, perhaps it would be salient to consider their overall records without going into number of starts or what level, Jovon has 10 goals in 71, whereas Freddy has 20 in 72. I make that about twice as many goals, or if you prefer 100% more.

I don't know what your point was, but if you think I was being harsh on Jovon, I think highlighting a comparison with Freddy doesn't do him any favours as although he also hasn't yet notched a league goal, he has got a pretty good CV behind him already. 6 appearances this term without a goal compared to Jovon's 23.
I wasn't trying to put the boot in on Jovon, as I said, the role of striker is a high pressure position, he just needs one to go in.