League One Match Thread (01/04/24 - 02/04/24) | Page 2 | Vital Football

League One Match Thread (01/04/24 - 02/04/24)

Playing to your strengths or just one-dimensional ?

Just watched the Charlton v Stevenage ‘highlights’ and every single Stevenage attack involved a high cross/lump into the box. Might be a polarised view, but it does seem that’s all they’re about. Obviously it has brought them some success, but I think they have now reached their ceiling playing that way.
If only they had a larger budget.

... every single Stevenage attack involved a high cross/lump into the box. Might be a polarised view, but it does seem that’s all they’re about. Obviously it has brought them some success, but I think they have now reached their ceiling playing that way.
Stevenage have really been found out over the second half of the season - they have no response because they are so one-dimensional. Their current run:

P13 W2 D6 L5 F9 A13 Pts12

Their two wins were both 1-0 (against Wycombe and Cambridge).

Playing to your strengths or just one-dimensional ?

Just watched the Charlton v Stevenage ‘highlights’ and every single Stevenage attack involved a high cross/lump into the box. Might be a polarised view, but it does seem that’s all they’re about. Obviously it has brought them some success, but I think they have now reached their ceiling playing that way.
Evans reckoned they had "80 or 90%" possession yet everywhere has it as 50/50 - even allowing for a margin for error, that's a little out even by his standards...!

Watching the ITV highlights, they trailed the L1 section with pictures of Skubs. Then they showed the highlights of the teams in 3rd,4th & 5th. Followed by Cambridge v Wigan

have they mentioned the team with the longest unbeaten run and the best defence in the league yet?

I think that is the best score for us.

What we want is for Portsmouth to win the title on the 2nd to last game of the season so they have been on a full on bender in the week leading to the last game. Don’t want them to have to play for anything on the last week.