League One & League Two Play-Offs Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

League One & League Two Play-Offs Thread

Fifteen minutes of turgid crap.

Is this what happens when the deluded object meets the deluded force?

Oh, and Lee Hendrie...
I'm not happy ...... I was about to use the word 'turgid' only to find Scotimp has got in first. Perhaps I'll give the teams the benefit of the doubt and say its cagey, but its not great.

Cloud cuckoo land, both of them

Living the dream as a chairman famously said as his club started going down the gurgler

£24.1m in debt v £15.9m in debt.

9,021 average attendance v 9,045 average attendance.

Both planning to build fantastic new stadia.

Using Monopoly money, presumably.

Is this where the new football regulator may intervene?

Given they’ve both been in League One and above far longer than us and we are going at £3m loss per year…

Surely that’s a bit hypocritical given we’re 3/4 years off looking exactly the same?

Just one more thing I don’t like about the POs - the second game of the “semi-finals” are played on two nights meaning the winner of the two second night teams have one day less till the final. They may have one more day from the first game to recover but it shouldn’t be about that. Both “Semi-Finals” should be played at the same time, to ensure equal and fair treatment. But I’m assuming this is to do with TV intervening and making the decision for the clubs. Since when has fairness to the clubs come into the equation when it comes to TV coverage. 😡🤬

£24.1m in debt v £15.9m in debt.

9,021 average attendance v 9,045 average attendance.

Both planning to build fantastic new stadia.

Using Monopoly money, presumably.

Is this where the new football regulator may intervene?
What new football regulator?
The one that has been talked about and promised for so long now.
They still haven't arrived on their white charger at the top of the hill.
I would suggest that white charger is still a foal can't see anything happening until after the next election. Unless of course the tories see it has a desperate vote winner from football fans.
By the time it arrives it will have been watered down and the premier leagueu will have some form of veto against anything they dont like.
Sorry to be so pessimistic but the fa cup replay farce tells us who is really running football.

Just one more thing I don’t like about the POs - the second game of the “semi-finals” are played on two nights meaning the winner of the two second night teams have one day less till the final. They may have one more day from the first game to recover but it shouldn’t be about that. Both “Semi-Finals” should be played at the same time, to ensure equal and fair treatment. But I’m assuming this is to do with TV intervening and making the decision for the clubs. Since when has fairness to the clubs come into the equation when it comes to TV coverage. 😡🤬
Perth, the final is nearly 2 weeks after the 2nd semis are played. I think of all your prejudices against the play offs this is the silliest.

I would suggest that white charger is still a foal can't see anything happening until after the next election. Unless of course the tories see it has a desperate vote winner from football fans.
By the time it arrives it will have been watered down and the premier leagueu will have some form of veto against anything they dont like.
Sorry to be so pessimistic but the fa cup replay farce tells us who is really running football.
The chances of the foal being successful are probably akin to Foinavon before the race started. Let's hope it also meets with similar fortune!

No. I wish people would learn the difference between equity and loan.

I am fully aware of the difference but the real life example of a football club is very much different to a normal business.

No way Oxford or Peterborough are allowed to keep running unless the directors and shareholders sign off a letter or support in that their loans will not be called in.

No Lincoln City shareholder has control, where as the Oxford shareholder does have at least 51% control. This would also affect their decision on future cash injections.

Both of the mentioned clubs have a much better track record of selling players on for large fees, if they sell another Toney for £10-£15m and it was the shareholder who paid for the initial transfer fee, who would begrudge them taking back out the transfer fee and leaving in the profit for the club. Much easier to facilitate via a loan account.

Nobody invests in football to make a return.

But Lincoln, Oxford and Peterborough are all currently unviable businesses financially propped up by its owners.

Every single remotely good thing this government is permanently tomorrow. The crap things are rushed in.

@cdhIMP, my post clearly came after the mention of the government. I don't mind finances of clubs and the regulator being discussed a bit, but can't be doing with the thread turning into some pathetic "it's because of this party and that party" crap.

That’s fair, I thought it was due to my post.

Didn’t see the political comment from someone else 👍🏻