Latics, Rotherham, MK - As It Stands | Vital Football

Latics, Rotherham, MK - As It Stands

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Right then, two of these clubs will be in the Championship next season, the other will probably be beaten in the play-offs. Here is the table as it stands and the remaining fixtures. I will update as appropriate.

*Updated on 27/4/22

1st - Wigan - Played 45 - Goal Difference 35 - Points 89
2nd - Rotherham - Played 45 - Goal Difference 35 - Points 87
3rd - MK - Played 45 - Goal Difference 29 - Points 86

Fixtures remaining in order

Wigan: Shrewsbury (A)
Rotherham: Gillingham (H)
MK: Plymouth (A)

Last edited:
Difficult to judge the outcome as what looks a difficult game now (ie MK at Plymouth) may not be if an opponent has achieved an aim.

However my final top 3

Wigan 96 (wdwwlwlw)
Mk 93 (wwddww)
Rotherham 92 (wddwdlw)

Still think we have a hard run in last 4 games
And feel we might just fall short
On Tuesday Accrington will be no push over
But saying that if we do win our 2 games in hand over mk then we will be 7 points clear of them

Right then, two of these clubs will be the Championship next season, the other will probably be beaten in the play-offs.

Whichever out of Rotherham or MK Dons finishes 3rd will be entering the playoffs in a downbeat frame of mind as automatic promotion has been within sniffing distance. They will be facing a side who are in form, as the fight for 5th and 6th is between Oxford, Wycombe, Sunderland & Sheff Wed, and is almost a playoff group in itself. I can see 5th v 6th in the playoff final at Wembley.

This will go right down to the wire. Yes it might upset some of the punters, so when you are watching that last game either live, or on the internet, with sweat on your your brow, say to yourself that old bugger was right.

This will go right down to the wire. Yes it might upset some of the punters, so when you are watching that last game either live, or on the internet, with sweat on your your brow, say to yourself that old bugger was right.

Well, I suppose there has to be a fost time, cos tha's not been close so far.
;)

Massive boast for Rotherham this is. Having looked like it was over. And the could have been down in the dumps. Ripped these lot to shreds.

I'll agree with your first part of ur post John but the second part 'ripped these lot to shreds' is taking it a bit too far, they were getting beat 2-1 until the 96th min then went on to win in extra time so hardly ripping them to shreds.
Hopefully the whole wembely final experience & occasion has drained them, left them feeling flat & unable to maintain there top spot...

Must be honest I thought they might fade away. But I don’t any more.

Today, they've won a game against a team in the league below.

This is their recent form:

DDREW 0 - 0 AGAINST SHREWSBURY TOWN ON MARCH 1ST 2022
LLOST 1 - 2 AGAINST MILTON KEYNES DONS ON MARCH 5TH 2022.
DDREW 0 - 0 AGAINST WYCOMBE WANDERERS ON MARCH 12TH 2022.
WWON 2 - 1 AGAINST LINCOLN CITY ON MARCH 15TH 2022.
LLOST 0 - 3 AGAINST SHREWSBURY TOWN ON MARCH 19TH 2022.

They've certainly been fading away in the last few games !

25 shots at goal 12 on target.

Regardless of shots / shots on target, they were getting beat up until 96mins so it's hardly 'ripping them th shreds'. Now had you said that Rotherham never gave up & carried on, I'd have agreed with you but they certainly didn't do as u siggest in ripping them apart.

A broken watch is right twice a day, which is more than you.

Thing is mate they kept going. Made the subs at the right time. Yes a bit lucky to score in the 96 minute. But you play to the whistle. Must be honest I thought they might fade away. But I don’t any more.

Rotherham did play to the whistle, as it was massively biased towards them from a referee who gave Sutton nothing the whole game, including denying them a stonewall penalty in the dying minutes when they were winning 2-1.

Time will tell. If good or bad what I’m saying now Rotherham will be buzzing. That’s the way to win a football match. Subs changed the game. Our subs. Never seem to improve us. Still think we will go up.
As I said before the referee changed the game.

Time will tell. If good or bad what I’m saying now Rotherham will be buzzing. That’s the way to win a football match. Subs changed the game. Our subs. Never seem to improve us. Still think we will go up.

I understand your concern, but when we won the FA Cup in the 91st minute we got smashed by Arsenal 4-1 3 days later so we'll see. As long as we don't bottle it we should be ok.

Last edited: