Last night, events at throw ins. | Vital Football

Last night, events at throw ins.

abebaby

Vital Squad Member
Firstly can anyone explained what happened in the first half when it seemed the ball went out of play, everyone seemed to stop, the lino didn,t flag, a couple of players decided they should carry on then the flag went up. The second one was a first for me, when Eardley took the throw and it bounced out of play before it went in.

The first one, the linesman didn't have an utter clue what he was doing. The ref looked to be waiting for him to flag when the ball went out but I don't think he realised it had actually gone out. Better to just stick your flag up and hope you've chosen the right way rather than dither like an idiot. Sometimes I do wonder whether linesmen actually watch the game.

The second one was hilarious, several around me were pissing themselves laughing. I actually thought it might end up rolling by the lino.

Firstly can anyone explained what happened in the first half when it seemed the ball went out of play, everyone seemed to stop, the lino didn,t flag, a couple of players decided they should carry on then the flag went up. The second one was a first for me, when Eardley took the throw and it bounced out of play before it went in.

Yes the Barnes Wallace by the halfway line! Very funny

Both linesman kept waiting for the ref to signal at which point they followed.

There were a few where the ref was waiting for them to signal as well which was laughable.

2 useless linesman.

All the linesman nowadays seem to just flag for goal kicks, cornerkicks, offside and throw ins. Blatant fouls in front of their noses seem to be left for the ref to decide. Oh yes and they make sure the goal nets are there with the required number of posts and bars to hold them up.

All the linesman nowadays seem to just flag for goal kicks, cornerkicks, offside and throw ins. Blatant fouls in front of their noses seem to be left for the ref to decide. Oh yes and they make sure the goal nets are there with the required number of posts and bars to hold them up.

checking studs and jewellery, lot of things to remember, it ain't an easy job.