Lasse Sørensen | Page 3 | Vital Football

Lasse Sørensen

Billy Cobb debut v Luton?
Clive Ford hat-trick in first 10 mins v Bradford Park Avenue.
Bert Linnecor hat-trick v Liverpool at Anfield must have been pretty special. Though one was a penalty.

I guess Hat-tricks are a bit different to running your guts out for 80 minutes though.

I’m trying to think of a better individual performance by an Imps player?

Not many spring to mind. Jamie Forrester v Rochdale when we won 7-1 or Gordon Hobson’s 4 goals v Northampton when we won 8-0 …. can anyone give alternatives?
When it mattered. Vadaine Oliver at Hyde April 2013

Much easier to call to mind high scoring performances. But there must have been a goalkeeping performance up there, Josh Vickers opening day at Northampton or David Felgate saving two penalties at Oxford but probably other ones I just can’t bring to mind.
Defensively I’m sure there are some towering performances but at the moment only think I can put forward is Trevor Peake v West Ham

I’m trying to think of a better individual performance by an Imps player?

Not many spring to mind. Jamie Forrester v Rochdale when we won 7-1 or Gordon Hobson’s 4 goals v Northampton when we won 8-0 …. can anyone give alternatives?
Josh Vickers v Northampton in Luke Waterfalls final game for us, we beat them 1-0 and it could have been 5 or 6 to 1 but for Josh...

😐 Please challenge him to a race. If you win then we need you on the other wing!
Not meant as a slight! Just think over last few years when it's been like... hmm lacking a bit of pace in the team, I've not thought well Lasse is rapid at least. He has a lot of other qualities and looked like a flipping strong runner yesterday to be fair!

Much easier to call to mind high scoring performances. But there must have been a goalkeeping performance up there, Josh Vickers opening day at Northampton or David Felgate saving two penalties at Oxford but probably other ones I just can’t bring to mind.
Defensively I’m sure there are some towering performances but at the moment only think I can put forward is Trevor Peake v West Ham

Goalkeeping performance, i'll never forget Farman at Eastleigh when Tranmere were breathing down our neck and winning 9-0 on the same day. Made so many saves and we nicked it 1-0. Was a huge key win towards the title and down to him from my memory.

Goalkeeping performance, i'll never forget Farman at Eastleigh when Tranmere were breathing down our neck and winning 9-0 on the same day. Made so many saves and we nicked it 1-0. Was a huge key win towards the title and down to him from my memory.

Was that the game Raggett had his tooth knocked out but carried on and got the winner? That was class.

Remember Farman having a good game when we lost 4-0 there too when Eastleigh missed two pens.

Trevor Meath against Grimsby in January 1970, scoring both goals in a 2-0 win.

Powering his way through the Sincil Bank mud and the Mariners’ defence alike he inspired a classic headline in the Echo: “Big Trevor Makes MinceMeat(h) of Grimsby Town”.

I've seen very few players make their presence known on a football pitch quite like Lasse. He's far from the quickest, strongest or most gifted players but he makes up for it in every intangible way possible.