Lamela return... | Vital Football

Lamela return...

Spursex

Alert Team
I'm reliably informed that we're targetting at least getting him on the bench for the Spam game in the Caracrap Redbull rip off cup...

He is much closer than I thought. Having him back and on form will be a huge boost to us. A fully fit Lamela by Xmas will be like a new signing.

Hope he regains full fitness and stays there to give us that extra cutting edge we could do with when up against the bus parkers!

If he gets fully up to speed this side of Christmas, it will be a great boost to the squad!

Lamela has started to bulk up putting on 6lbs of muscle since his return to training. Encouraging news, can't be long now.

Nick Real Deal - 3/10/2017 16:42

Lamela has started to bulk up putting on 6lbs of muscle since his return to training. Encouraging news, can't be long now.
That's good. How much did he lose since last playing?

About 6 lbs. Only joking, possibly more than that. Losing weight may have been part of the rehab to put the least strain in his hips. That's a guess, I am no expert on such matters. RD may know as it's his field.

Lamela it seems is almost ready for the big test even if only for a few minutes to start with. Response from fans is positive with some missing his creative and pressing style.

Fingers crossed it goes well for him. He could be cover for Alli, Eriksen and Son , push them for a place and sub option to keep them fresh.

he was our 2nd best creator when he was last fit. As we're struggling to create much when Eriksen is off form I welcome him back with open arms though I don't expect he'll be pulling up trees for a while after so long out.

freundorfoe - 27/11/2017 12:28

he was our 2nd best creator when he was last fit. As we're struggling to create much when Eriksen is off form I welcome him back with open arms though I don't expect he'll be pulling up trees for a while after so long out.

I don't think we can honestly put any expectations on him - I have a feeling that he's still got a long hard road ahead of him, and it maybe months even a whole season before we know if he can ever reach the game levels and intensity he was beginning to.

First sign of progress for me is to watch his gait - I was questioning and pondering his running ever since we signed him, and frankly if I'd been one of the scouts I would have said avoid as his mechanical action is so bad, and in my head was a very clear long term issue - can the ops correct that? I have my doubts, but sincerely hope so.

Whilst opinions vary IMO a fully fit and functioning Lamela is an asset to the team/squad. He brings endeavour, skill, creativity and innovation........ touch wood over the coming weeks he can add something to our team, like he did before.

Spursex - 27/11/2017 12:44

freundorfoe - 27/11/2017 12:28

I don't think we can honestly put any expectations on him - I have a feeling that he's still got a long hard road ahead of him, and it maybe months even a whole season before we know if he can ever reach the game levels and intensity he was beginning to.

First sign of progress for me is to watch his gait - I was questioning and pondering his running ever since we signed him, and frankly if I'd been one of the scouts I would have said avoid as his mechanical action is so bad, and in my head was a very clear long term issue - can the ops correct that? I have my doubts, but sincerely hope so.

Yeah very suspect gait for a pro footballer. Waddled like a duck, landed on his arse when striking the ball and generally didn't look in control of his body. Pity because he has vision and determination. I personally think his career at top level is over

Was/Is waiting for Lamela to return from a year long injury the great plan? We all know we need at least 2 AM's to cover Alli and Eriksen. We have known for the last 3 seasons.

Or have we put all our eggs in one basket in Barkley?

Why won't he play Edwards or try a different formation where N'Kou can play as a winger?

I'm still baffled he still hasn't addressed this area when it's been evident for so long Lamela was out long term.

This situation is really poor management. It's a big reason we have struggled this season and is a reason we have not won a trophy.