Lack of Club updates | Page 6 | Vital Football

Lack of Club updates

Have a bit of patience !!!!

Blimey waldo its been about six months since the last game .

What level of patience are you hoping for ?
The same patience that other supporters have been asked to show. As I pointed out previously a quick search reveals that it’s a minority of clubs who have so far released any information.

The same patience that other supporters have been asked to show. As I pointed out previously a quick search reveals that it’s a minority of clubs who have so far released any information.

Dunno mate. I did a quick search and many lower league clubs have launched and infact completed their options in terms of last seasons refunds.

Let's be clear I am talking about dealing with last season not this coming season

From The Gills facebook page....
"Chairman Paul Scally says he intends to put out a notification letter on Tuesday with an up to date position, given the club now has some clarity on a likely way forward."

I'll be interested to see how we fare this season compared to clubs that have put out early statements. To give the benefit of the doubt, it seems to me that PS has waited until all aspects of the new season (salary caps, squad size etc) have been sorted before working out how things are going to look this season which I think he alluded to some time ago.
Hopefully there will be offers of refunds but, if he comes up with some other solution, I'd like to think the strength of the team would be his first priority.

I had no intention of claiming my ST refund and the 5 matchday tickets I have. Now I am almost certain I will.

I just don't understand this sentiment.

Apparently you were happy to help the club survive by not asking for your money back but will now as a way of seemingly haven't a go back at Scally?

I just don't understand this sentiment.

Apparently you were happy to help the club survive by not asking for your money back but will now as a way of seemingly haven't a go back at Scally?
A simple message and possibly Scally setting out how he himself has already cut back on funds he intends to take out of the club.And how he intends to see that season ticket holders feel valued will be enough. A offer to refund but a begging bowl to keep funds is totally the right thing to do.As I said this morning this morning the small number of refunds will almost certainly at least matched by the good will publicity money generated.Better than a sod you lot I will still take anything I please and you do exactly as I say .Or if you are not happy with me keeping the funds for last years tickets sod off to the valley type message .

This seems to be another Scally bashing thread. He said a few months ago he was putting the club into hibernation, that is what has happened. Now it appears the club is coming out of hibernation and an update hat is going on will be published on Tuesday. What is wrong with that?
As I said before I have saved more money by not going to the unplayed games than I would get back in a refund so I will not claim one.

This seems to be another Scally bashing thread. He said a few months ago he was putting the club into hibernation, that is what has happened. Now it appears the club is coming out of hibernation and an update hat is going on will be published on Tuesday. What is wrong with that?
As I said before I have saved more money by not going to the unplayed games than I would get back in a refund so I will not claim one.

From The Gills facebook page....
"Chairman Paul Scally says he intends to put out a notification letter on Tuesday with an up to date position, given the club now has some clarity on a likely way forward."

I'll be interested to see how we fare this season compared to clubs that have put out early statements. To give the benefit of the doubt, it seems to me that PS has waited until all aspects of the new season (salary caps, squad size etc) have been sorted before working out how things are going to look this season which I think he alluded to some time ago.
Hopefully there will be offers of refunds but, if he comes up with some other solution, I'd like to think the strength of the team would be his first priority.

It's not just here that fans have been commenting but also facebook & twitter. It seems the club have caught on, about time too. I'm sure all will be well in the end but the long silence did us no favours.