Lack of ambition ? | Vital Football

Lack of ambition ?

DRAYTON GREEN

Vital Football Legend
Only rumours and bored press to go by so far but with pre season training starting in under 2 weeks and first fixture about 7 weeks away what do we have to act as a guide ?

Unnecessary waste of £ 3 million on Dorrans, another midfielder who is not better than players we already have in that department and was not considered good enough by AN to start in last semi final and final of play offs.
The apparent imminent arrival of another pulis midfield reject.

Talk of a couple of loans of young players who would benefit other clubs whilst our own talent would then be loaned out at too lower a level to gain useful experience.

Meanwhile we have 5 strikers of who 2 were on loan last season
of which one or 2 need to be sold before we even consider getting
a possible new striker coming in.

Also only defender being linked is a spuds player with 30 minutes first team experience.

I can only hope the press and rumour mill are totally off track (
although its too late to stop the signing of dorrans ) and we are in for a couple of players who would really make a difference and not requiring an extension to our overcrowded bench !

James Hooper may be 'one for the future ' but unless we buy quality ..and soon , that future will be in the lower leagues

The 'prudence without ambition ' ethos is still alive and well on the Norwich City Board

Oh No.....We havnt kicked a ball in anger yet guys and already the same old ethos...that lack of ambition with prudence thing keeps raising its ugly head...Do we seem like a club with no ambition...I don't think so..the prudence was a past tense when we were skint..That no longer applies.

I thought the general concensus was AN was a brilliant young manager..yet his decisions already being poo pooed.

We got promoted and Dorrans was part of that.....Its a squad thing at the end of the day...we add we strengthen..more will happen yet..Were back in the Prem because our Squad put us there!
Now it will get fine tuned to hopefully keep us there.

Hughton days are long gone.

AN is a great man manager and did get us promoted.
The only part of the manager's requirements which have to be tested
is being able to bring good players to a premier league club
which we now are.
So far he has signed Andreu ( who did not get on the bench ), Dorrans
( who was usually on the bench ) in the championship and now Mulumbu was not good enough to play for wba in their survival scrap.

I am not being negative but saying what I see as a fan who has not missed a single home game for 7 years and gets to at least 6 to 7 aways a season... and I am totally uninspired by the signing of 3 average midfielders who are not as good as the ones we have got.
If anybody is excited about these 3 players and think they will help us prosper in the premier please speak now.

Agreed about Dorrans and Andreu, I can't see either making much of an impact in the prem, hence why WBA have been happy to release him to a rival team, if they were that good they'd want them themselves surely. I don't see what AN has seen in Dorrans because for the most part what I have seen he has been shocking. Mulumbu on the other hand ive always thought was decent and he does know the prem very well, given that its a freebie I don't mind, if hes crap we havent spent out on him like we did RVW. I just hope we make some ambitious signings. I wouldn't mind that Dijk rumour to be true, that is more the sort we should be looking at. Whatever happens though I will give AN and whatever team and signings he deems fit a chance to prove themselves, regardless of my initial doubts to date ! I feel he has earned that much. OTBC

We all want the best for Norwich City , and we all know what it will take to survive and prosper in this League . I am less than inspired by the 2 signings so far this summer . This is the crucial time when we have got to get it right and have the strongest possible squad for the season ahead .

It goes without saying that we all support AN , but as we know the Premier League is an unforgiving place , and the last thing I want to see is for things to go wrong for Norwich and AN just as quickly as they went right .

midfielders on the books.

wes. howson. tettey. johno. ofoe. andreu. Redmond. murphy. murphy.
e bennett. o 'neil. thompson. dorrans. mulumbu.

full backs on books

whittaker. olson

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's only June i'm sure signings are going to happen but even if there wasn't we have a better squad now than the one that got relegated

since then we have sold snoddy and fer and have now got
2 wba rejects so weaker IMO . I suppose we have to count the players
brought in by NA plus Andreu.
Trying to think who NA brought in ?
Jerome, Thompson ( never played ), grabben, lafferty, miquel ( never played ), o neil, mcgrandles ( never played ).

Was Molumbu frozen out at WBA because he wouldn't sign a new contract or was he not offered one?
Imo he's a decent bit of business as he was free and is capable of playing at that level.

Andreu was brought in as one for the future or to see if he could develop into a good player I guess.

My main concern is the defence. Personally I would like to see a quality CB come in as well as cover/quality LB.
RB is not so much of a problem as Whittaker and Martin are there. Before anyone gets upset about Martin making mistakes - he was playing out of position all of last season. He's still a good RB.

2 weeks to go to pre season training.
It's not over yet!

I also believe the squad we had in the Prem were good enough to have kept us up. It's the manager (CH) that took us down. Played in the right fashion, this squad can already do the job.

SC Mulumbo wanted more first team football and Pullis couldn't offer him this, so the contract was not offered. Plenty of WBA fans say we have picked up a quality defensive midfielder especially for free. I don't think he will be happy being second fiddle to Tettey. I see Mulumbo being ahead of Tettey especially for the away games and with Tettey having this knee problem.

I think AN will leave the LB position until he sees how Toffollo does in pre season. Ollson and Toffolo is okay with Whittaker there if needed, but for me the DC and DR positions need something adding - R.Martin and Whittaker weren't great in the prem last time and are now older and slower. We need a new RB and then have R.Martin as backup and again Whittaker as 3rd choice.

DC we have Bassong, who can be excellent, but can also be a disaster, R.Martin, who is a right back and was caught out many times in the Championship, so imagine the Prem! Turner, Miquel I can't see being around much longer and finally we have R.Bennett who has been seen as a great prospect for many seasons, but injuries have hampered that - this has to be his season - I could see him being the main DC with Bassong, but to be honest we need another quality center back.

Another GK and a quick forward will also be needed.

No more central midfielders needed - Maybe one more quick winger could be added?

I don't even know what is Tony Andreu's best position is? He is not a youngster. Will he be here next season or will he be loaned out?

Huge central defender please ! RM will look a joke in that position in the Premier. Let's have some ambition and bring a quality guy in to sort these Prem strikers out

YB how about a big German?

Robin Knoche
23 years old
6'0.5"
Current club - Wolfsburg
Played 27 matches last year
Current value 10.5 million
Preferred foot - Both

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/robin-knoche/profil/spieler/94201

We can afford that can't we?

we could afford him if had not have bought andreu and ditherans
which brings fee down to £ 6 million which could be raised by selling
one more player and actually spending say £ 4 million.

He was the most expensive of all the German U21 defenders.

Imo we should be looking at those sort of players - ok not 10 mil each maybe but players who are hungry and want to progress to full international status.