L2 Mid-Season Managerial Changes | Page 2 | Vital Football

L2 Mid-Season Managerial Changes

I'll repeat myself again(!) but if you listen to him, he is NOT advocating that.
You can hear him on the touch line asking them to move the ball quicker - I have on numerous occasions.

Just because the players don't always do it, doesn't mean he's not trying to instil it. We need to move on from this...
I dont listen to him i watch what he does with the players he has. Still playing pass ball and not going for it when there are minutes to go, thats a losing (or dont lose by too many) mentality.

I think that kind of football comes from (lack of) confidence more than anything else. Play the ball quickly forwards and you are more likely to lose the ball. Pass it sideways or backwards and possession is at least retained.
Although then what normally happens is after it’s been passed back, Max pumps it long towards Hawkins, and we lose possession anyway.!

We need more movement. The players need to get into and/or create space so the ball can be passed forward, not only successfully but meaningfully. And we need to be able to combine that with one or two players who can dribble with pace, beat opposition players and panic their defence (Hurtado was doing this, it's a huge shame he got injured).

For me that's fairly obvious. I don't know much about football, maybe nibbles can confirm that this is obvious. But if it is, and enough of you can also see that that's what is needed, then i'm fairly sure SC and the recruitment team will be able to see it too.

We haven't properly seen Andrews yet, I'm really hoping that he's gonna be a very important player for us next season. And although they've fallen short this season there is undoubtedly some real talent in our squad. We've fucked it up this year and not been good enough. And at times we've been shit, particularly in that second half at Harrogate. But there have also been glimpses that we can play a bit and are a good team. The problem has been consistency.

If we can get the recruitment right this summer then next season we'll do it. We're only a few players short of being a really good team. SC must be backed and he must be given the entire season. There must be no repeat of this season, no sacking unless we're right down near the bottom in a relegation scrap. Everybody needs to get behind SC and the club and just accept the disappointment of this season. It will have been a learning curve for the Galinsons and for SC. Give them time, keep the faith. UTG!

IF ……..
A small word

If we don't there'll just be further disappointment.

If I can hope for world peace, love and anarchy, I'm sure as hell able to hope for a successful summer of signings and a championship winning team next year!

You gotta have hope, shotty, without that you got nothing.

But then again, if you got nothing you got nothing to lose...

although they've fallen short this season there is undoubtedly some real talent in our squad. We've fucked it up this year and not been good enough.

This is the conundrum when it comes to recruitment. There’s not many players in our squad that were thought by fans to be poor when we signed them. Pretty much all of them had excellent previous records and most fans salivated when we signed eg. JW, Hawk, Nichols, Malone, Dieng Mahoney, Lapslie etc.

And a couple of the signings that were “questioned” turned out to be the best performers - Ogie and Coleman especially, but also Hurtado who no one had heard of.

The only real “failures” were Bonne (who should have been a lot better given his record), Nadesan (after injury) Walker and maybe J Clarke. Max Clark has been pretty solid, Hutton very good.

For whatever reason, the team has performed a lot poorer than its component parts.