King Kev | Page 2 | Vital Football

King Kev

Maybe KK has paid his respects in private. Not everyone is like Barry Sweeney who thinks himself a hero because his son was killed.

Jesus Christ, get a grip lads. Death or mourning is a very personal thing. Don't judge anyone, unless you're prepared to judge yourself on how you feel about those close to you who have passed on. - not that easy

If you think Liam Sweeney's father is milking the whole thing would that not count for every single soul applauding on 17 minutes at St James??

Anyone's choice in how to remember someone is up to them and definitely not for any of us to judge.

Odin - 15/1/2016 03:01

Anyone's choice in how to remember someone is up to them and definitely not for any of us to judge.

In the case of the two lads it's not though is it, the club force this repeated 17th minute nonsense by putting them on a screen, I suppose they think that this fake grieving masks the fact that they can't run a good football club. It's got ridiculous and embarrassing now and it actually means less and less as the weeks go by, once after they died was enough. We've become a nation of grief monkeys, pathetic and fake, just cause you put some meaningless shite on Facebook or Twitter does not mean you're genuinely upset, it generally means you like attention and couldn't give a fuck about whoever has died.

For the record I think the 17th minute thing is well past its sell by date now and makes the Wonga wankers appear as nothing more than Scousers.

Once was enough, or are we going to celebrate everyone's death now? The fact they were travelling half way around the world to actively finance Mike Ashley is another matter, but I dare say no one has ever had the audacity to mention that.

Completely agree OM, said this about 6 months ago, and the usual helmets shouted it down, strangely they don't appear here any more.

Club should draw a line under this, and concentrate on a relegation fight instead.

I agree completely in regards to the the 17th minute applause . It should be put to bed . The current board has manipulated what was genuine sympathy and sadness much like they manipulated the events regarding Jonas's return from cancer. It suits them to do so. They've been used to smother dissent and as a flag to rally behind.

In regards to KK he may well have paid his respects in private or have very valid reasons why he wasn't there. If not though he's gone down in my estimation.

I think ye could all wrong on the 17 minute thing, the board had said before (i'm almost certain) that they only wanted to do it up until the end of last season.

I don't think it's right either way to use this topic to have a go at anyone, club or fans.. or family in this instance. There's plenty else we can have a go at them about.

How did this drift from the initial question regards Keegan and his non appearance at Pavs service?
He's a media whore and always has been.so I'm sticking with what Guy said regards Pavs book, just waiting for it to be delivered.
----------------------------------
The stuff regards the lads that died on that plane is fecking embarrassing.

The more I read of the book Bob, the more you detect an underlying trend to dis-credit various managers, it particular, Dalglish and Alladyce, you wonder if the books authors took a bit of licence and exaggerated the situation to sell the book.

Half way through it now, and it is a good read, and would recommend it to anybody, but its not as good as Touching Distance by Martin Hardy, that's a great book.

Since you ask, Bob:
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kevin-keegan-well-smashed-head-10436228

Keegan spends most if his time at his Manchester home but has business interests in other parts of the world. He was in Cleethorpes last week and will be doing an evening talk in at Ramside Hall on 4th Feb.

Bob, without Kevin Keegan we'd be nothing, there'd be no 52,000 seater stadium, no Champions League football and no Alan Shearer. Okay, we're shit now but things could've been so different.

Personality clashes happen in all work places and this is not really proof of a tiff. Football has always had big egos and confident men who often feel anger when things don't go their way. If Pav says keegan wasn't good with keeping moral high I reckon there are 50 ex footballers who would tell otherwise, i know I've read and heard a few.

The problem with most football biographies are that they're used to have digs in an unfair one sided argument and only digs up old wounds. I'm all up for hearing old tales of humour and spats but this seems like a backstabbing from pav. Maybe he should have said something years ago and not on eve of his book coming out.

Maybe Keegan was trying reverse psychology but he read Pav wrong. Mind you Shaka was fucking hopeless and I would have saved that Ian Woan shot at Forest. Lets not forget that Man Utd won something like 14 of there last 18 games only losing one. If we had beaten them at SJP which we deserved to do, we would have been Champions. Typical Newcastle though.

Keegan had a history of making players feel 10ft taller, man management was one of his main assets, he obviously got it wrong on that occasion, but I'd not read too much into it, the keeper had fuck all to do with us losing that game. Keegan losing it live on Sky lost us the league if anything.

Nobody knows why KK did not go so the criticism is unwarranted.
As for KK as a Manager, the finest we have had and probably ever will.
Quality.