King Kev | Vital Football

King Kev

Nope Bob ,Ex-players included Alan Shearer , Rob Lee and Shay Given as well as Steve Harper, Lee Clark, John Beresford, Darren Peacock, Alan Thompson Olivier Bernard and Steve Watson.

Newcastle United representatives included head coach Steve McClaren, managing director Lee Charnley, Peter Beardsley and current players Steven Taylor and Tim Krul.

John Hall and Freddy Shepherd also attended as did Barry and Leslie Sweeney (which if you've seen how ill she looks is really quite something).

Apparently Kevin Keegan had sent his well wishes this morning, along with a number of Toon players including Warren Barton, Ruel Fox, Gavin Peacock.

Don't Bob . Say it . I think they should have gone for what it's worth . Disappointed in KK and the others .

Why was that Barry Sweeney there? He's milked his son's death so much. I honestly felt for him at first but he comes across as nothing but fame hungry and is using is son's death to get as much light on himself as possible.

Keegan aint the Messiah some folk make him out to be. Just another bloke that made a very good living out of football and enjoyed all the media attention when it was favourable.
Went missing once he won his constructive dismissal case and left all of us in the dark regards what occurred.
grab ya loot and run.

I love KK . He brought about some of the greatest moments in my football supporting life. That being said the first rock of civilization is the burial and memorial to the dead. He may well have had valid reasons why he couldn't attend but without knowing what they are feel he should have been there .

I can't disagree with anything in this thread but just to throw a thought out there, we're not entirely sure why some people didn't go but it wouldn't have been for disrespectful reasons. Im sure of that.

Maybe work commitments, health concerns, who knows but take Keegan for example, if he did go then surely it would have taken a bit of the point of the memorial away as some people would have been pestering him for interviews on the state of the toon no doubt. Maybe he thought it best to stay away.

Cant agree there Mark,he should have been there. so to the pasty runner Terry Mac, the same bloke that made a very good living off the back of the players for doing feck all really.

Why was KK not one of the first to speak well of Pavel when he passed away. Never uttered one word from what I can gleam, though I may be wrong.
Anyway feck it, best let this thread rest as it will only create arguments amongst an already fractured set of fans.
Them that didn't attend will have their reasons and they can live with them.

Would say so Bob, will let you know when I am finished, and you can give it a go, he holds no punches, and it is a good read.