Kieran Trippier | Page 2 | Vital Football

Kieran Trippier

Fear he'd be a liability against a superior team but against a shower of shite like Watford were his crossing adds a brilliant other option to our attack that makes it easier to break teams down.

I think we're pretty much agreed he is first team material offensively. It's working with the defence that is in question.

A reason why we need a athletic RWB brought in 80 so they will have the pace and stamina to bomb up and down the pitch all game to cope with players with pace.

In preseason it looked like Trippier has been working on his acceleration. He looked a bit leaner as well. Hopefully this injury won't set him back.

So...thinking about Trippier and his place with Spurs he should be kept for depth purposes. In some situations, he would be first choice.

he's been quiet on the assists front for a while, he's been stuck on 4 for quite some time. Think Aurier's signing has knocked his confidence a bit.

He is still a superb squad player. It would seem he doesn't rock the boat and is content to be there and give his all when selected . The worry for him though is that it's a World Cup year and although I don't think he will replace Walker as first choice , he has to make sure his position for England isn't compromised by not getting selected for us

Auriers crossing needs to improve , he either scores from a cross or hits the first defender. Not strictly true but you get the gist.

Tripps has the ability but it's looking likely he is soft mentally. Poch has given him a chance to be number 1 RWB and I don't think he has taken it yet. Too be fair to him and Davies they are not designed for the system.

Not sold on Aurier yet either. Brilliant specimen of a man but he clearly has some concentration issues.

RD, loved your comment on Aurier - "Brilliant specimen of a man but he clearly has some concentration issues."

I think we said those exact things about Walker at some point in the past...

I agree though...he is still pretty raw and needs some refinement.