Kieffer Moore | Vital Football

Kieffer Moore

Delighted for him. He needed a goal for his confidence and he was going to struggle to get that with us unfortunately.

Wales first choice yet previous game we dropped him for Garner...

He'll probably have more chances created for him tonight than he's had in all our games combined.

Haven't seen the goal yet but does highlight the fact that given the service he is capable of putting them away. Hope PC and staff are watching and realise that the talent is there if they use it and stop pumping balls forward when he has his back to goal and hoping someone will get on them. We need our wide men to be hitting the line and pulling the ball back for him to head towards goal.

Well done Keiffer, please come back with the same attitude and uninjured.

TB "and stop pumping balls forward when he has his back to goal and hoping someone will get on them."

That's exactly what the Welsh team were doing fortunately they had James and Bale who knew exactly where to be for the knock downs :whist:

TB "and stop pumping balls forward when he has his back to goal and hoping someone will get on them."

That's exactly what the Welsh team were doing fortunately they had James and Bale who knew exactly where to be for the knock downs :whist:

No doubt James and Bale are far better players than we have, but after less than a week they have figured him out and are both feeding and playing off him, where as our lads seem to not know what to do... Are our boys total crap? I don't think so. 'Not as good as Bale' doesn't automatically mean 'dreadful', let's face it.

More likely Giggs is half way competent and coaches them and Kieffer properly so they get the best out of eachother.

As I said Martinez, I have not seen the goal. My point was that the way that we are utilising Moore is not playing to his strengths at present. We are constantly pumping the ball forward whilst he has his back to goal, how anyone expects him to score from that is beyond me.

In another thread I postulated that if that is the way we want to play then don't expect him to score many goals, that way of utilising him will lead to him giving assists to other players, if they are able to use his knock downs, but not him scoring goals. Bale and James are experienced players and know how to play off other players and form the partnerships required, however, as of yet there seems to be a lack of understanding in the players around Moore at club level. I am not saying that this will not happen, but as yet this is not happening.

There is a feeling on here that he is not scoring the amount of goals he should and my post is a counter to this. He is capable of scoring, given the right service. That service comes from balls pulled back from the line and in front of him, not knocked forward while he is facing the wrong way. I believe if the wide men get the balls into the right spaces then he will flourish, however if PC wants to utilise him to provide assists for the likes of Jacobs and Windass then they need to form an understanding and stop playing safe. They need to take a chance, make the run and have the confidence that Moore will win the ball.

We are constantly pumping the ball forward .

I believe this is one of those myths which has been written so often on here it's now taken as fact. I dispute this assertion TB,

I'll concede we've banged more aimless long balls than I'd like, but it's certainly not "constant" and doesn't look (to me) as the main tactic, but more a fall back option that the players adopt when there's nothing else on.

I still believe that our current form is blighted by low confidence players, lack of off the ball movement, slow and cumbersome build up and general fear (of making a mistake).

Each to their own I guess.

If any of you lot remember, i posted on here when we signed Moore we would become a long ball team, and that was before he'd donned a Latics shirt.

Just show the side videos of the season we gained automatic promotion to the Premier League and eventually it may become embedded in their minds and we can both progress and entertain.
We may not achieve the success that side did but at least it would be less of an ordeal than watching football like that last match against Brum.

I believe this is one of those myths which has been written so often on here it's now taken as fact. I dispute this assertion TB,

I'll concede we've banged more aimless long balls than I'd like, but it's certainly not "constant" and doesn't look (to me) as the main tactic, but more a fall back option that the players adopt when there's nothing else on.

I still believe that our current form is blighted by low confidence players, lack of off the ball movement, slow and cumbersome build up and general fear (of making a mistake).

There are some who see only what they want to see. One hoof makes it 90 minutes worth of hoofing to some.
Our players doing well is in spite of the manager, never because of him.

I seriously question some on here as to wether they are actually Latin’s fans .

Quite happy to concede the point Arthur as I have no statistics to prove it. However I do have the evidence of my own eyes and without labouring the point we do seem to be playing the long ball more often, but that is only my opinion, others may disagree.

:unsure:

Quite happy to concede the point Arthur as I have no statistics to prove it. However I do have the evidence of my own eyes and without labouring the point we do seem to be playing the long ball more often, but that is only my opinion, others may disagree.

:unsure:
That was the plan all along, hence the signing of a 6ft 4 striker, not that difficult to work out.

But if we played with a proper winger who played wide and took defenders on and beat them then put in crosses in front of a 6 foot odd striker the six foot odd striker would have a much better chance of scoring than having balls lobbed up to the back of his head.
Scrap the 4-2-3-1 and start playing football again.