KGV pub in Brompton | Vital Football

KGV pub in Brompton

I've only been a few times, great selection of ales. I know someone who goes fairly regularly and they love it. Pleased for the people who use it.

I prefer this to the Cannon next door (whenever I am down in Brompton), especially as the Sunday Roasts and craft beer selection were very, very good under John's ownership. The previous owner- Leon?- seemed to have an excuse for everything, but there were always lines and pumps missing whenever I went and the KG5 did seem to be hemorrhaging customers at one point.

I do find it interesting however that John has deliberately appointed Leon's ex-wife as one of his new barmaids!

I used to go there and the choice of beers was great. Even three years ago I remember going to an evening where the head brewer from Kent Brewery was there. Hopefully it can get back to its former glory.

On google maps looks to be about a 30 min walk to priestfield. Is that about right?

Wouldn’t mind taking my old man there next game I’m over for as he was in the royal engineers. Looks like they do some proper good ale too!

On google maps looks to be about a 30 min walk to priestfield. Is that about right?

Wouldn’t mind taking my old man there next game I’m over for as he was in the royal engineers. Looks like they do some proper good ale too!

30 mins maximum id say. You could always break the walk up by stopping off at the Will Adams in the way.