Kent's woman cricketer of the year | Vital Football

Kent's woman cricketer of the year

What is your point? Or just venting more bigotary?

Looking beyond that, I’d like to see uniformity of treatment. If it is acceptable for transgender woman to play cricket for Kent, why won’t athletics body allow Caster Semenya to compete in women’s track?

Not professing to be expert in this area - maybe I’m misunderstanding the situation.

I do feel sorry for all the women who have trained for years to compete against their fellow females at the top levels in athletics, cycling and now cricket. In all these three, men, who now choose to identify as women, have been allowed to compete and are out performing the women who were born women. History will judge these decisions but it doesn't feel right to me.

At international level, perhaps the solution could be to have separate events for transgender competitors, in the same way that you have the Paralympics for disabled competitors? All in the same boat, then, and no accusations of unfair advantages being gained by anyone.

In terms of local competitions, though, I would guess that's possibly not going to work. Are there enough transgender cricketers in Kent to form a Kent transgender team, for example?

Looking beyond that, I’d like to see uniformity of treatment. If it is acceptable for transgender woman to play cricket for Kent, why won’t athletics body allow Caster Semenya to compete in women’s track?

Not professing to be expert in this area - maybe I’m misunderstanding the situation.

You have misunderstood the situation, Caster Semanya isn't transgender. The athletics equivalent of the Kent cricketer would simply be a mid range male athlete switching from men's event to women's events and then winning the women's 800m (for example) by 60 metres. They would continue to do so until other men switched over and then you would have 2 races at championships - a men's 800m and a women's 800m which is competed by men. And if that sounds ridiculous it's because it is ridiculous.

I agree with Martina Navratilova and Fair play for women. It isn't fair for previous men to compete against women. It also potentially isn't safe, and it will probably lead to girls walking away from sport. An athletic girl won't look at Maxine and think "I want to do that" they will think "why should I bother'

At international level, perhaps the solution could be to have separate events for transgender competitors, in the same way that you have the Paralympics for disabled competitors?
And you have completely misunderstood transgender if you think ANYONE wants that.

And you have completely misunderstood transgender if you think ANYONE wants that.
Not sure with your response.
This is not a scenario whereby a male athlete continually ending up forth suddenly thinks if I swap to the Women's event I can win.
This is where a male body's brain is sending out female hormones and has potentially confused the individual ever since he found out there were 'two' sexes and their parents have brought them up as a male because of the male bits on the body, also not wearing pretty dresses and wearing make-up and loving dollies.
In general females are not brought up to be as physically competitive as males. It is not something that is regarded as essential, in general, for pre-teens, but becomes very important for males in teenage years.

I'm not claiming in any way to understand transgender. But if transgender sports people (specifically male to female) have any kind of physical advantage over those born female, something needs to be done to ensure everything is fair and there's a level playing field for all.

Gender identity and gender biology are very different things, and there's going to be a lot more cases such as this whilst we all work out what the rules should be.

Now Fuckwitcuntface Katie Hopkins has got involved all will be fine.

Katie Hopkins is a boorish, offensive, know all bigot who has to comment on everything even though she has no actual knowledge of the facts.

I'm surprised you don't like her to be honest??

Katie Hopkins is a boorish, offensive, know all bigot who has to comment on everything even though she has no actual knowledge of the facts.

I'm surprised you don't like her to be honest??
She's up there with you. Did you enjoy Wagner's ring?