Kennedy Out | Vital Football

Kennedy Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I have seen a poorer City team tactically since the pre Cowley days. I thought I saw signs earlier in the season of what MK was aiming for. All I see now is a manager who does not know what to do.

Instead of spending money on players before Tuesday, spend it instead on enticing the Cowleys back so they can take this club in the direction the board and investors clearly want it to go.

We are the perfect club for the Cowleys. No huge expectations like they faced at Huddersfield and Portsmouth. A club where they can direct everything and rebuild their reputation at the same time as taking this fine club and loyal spectators forward.

Yep, I've turned. Get him out. Cowleys in. I'm not paying good money during a cost of living crisis to be bored senseless again. Losing all enthusiasm and I'll just stick to ifollow while Kennedy remains. He knows the feelings of the fans and he had two weeks to put together a plan against an awful team.

I don't think I have seen a poorer City team tactically since the pre Cowley days. I thought I saw signs earlier in the season of what MK was aiming for. All I see now is a manager who does not know what to do.

Instead of spending money on players before Tuesday, spend it instead on enticing the Cowleys back so they can take this club in the direction the board and investors clearly want it to go.

We are the perfect club for the Cowleys. No huge expectations like they faced at Huddersfield and Portsmouth. A club where they can direct everything and rebuild their reputation at the same time as taking this fine club and loyal spectators forward.

Think it all depends on money

Another poor home performance we have not won for nearly 10 weeks teams at the bottom starting to win we cannot be allowed to sleepwalk into relegation bring back Danny and Nicky

I said it in the match thread; a team often displays the charisma / personality of the manager. He’s a nice chap, and we’re a nice team to play. The players don’t seem like they know what they’re supposed to be doing? I’ll watch the game replay tomorrow as usual, but enough has got to be enough now?

Not sure he would come back tbh. Seems pretty settled in the south and I always thought he was uneasy being this far north when he was here.

I think I read he said in an interview recently that he loved Lincoln and the club and probably on reflection tried to better himself career-wise a bit too quickly.

He must know he has to rebuild after two high profile failures. He also knows the City and Clive, and knows he would be welcomed back by 99% of fans like a hero.

Yes, it would depend on finances. But if we continue like this, crowds will get smaller and smaller, and therefore so will income.

I really dislike hounding managers. I supported Appleton until he left. The Chippenham game did it for me and I've seen little to be optimistic since.
That's the thing with him, it doesn't matter whether we're playing Southampton or Chippenham. We're now a defensive, long ball to no-one team who prides themselves more in keeping clean sheets than entertaining fans or scoring goals.

I think I read he said in an interview recently that he loved Lincoln and the club and probably on reflection tried to better himself career-wise a bit too quickly.

He must know he has to rebuild after two high profile failures. He also knows the City and Clive, and knows he would be welcomed back by 99% of fans like a hero.

Yes, it would depend on finances. But if we continue like this, crowds will get smaller and smaller, and therefore so will income.
Sorry, I was talking about Woodyard, not the Cowleys. I reckon Danny and Nicky would be back in a heartbeat.

I think Clive and Co have considerably more patience than the average fan and have probably nailed their colours to the mast with Kennedy, for now at least. Gave him a long contract and I think will intend to stick, not a trigger happy hierarchy. Very late in the window for a new coach to get the right players too.

Unlike that transitional period under Appleton to start with though in 19/20 (which definitely had some downs) it feels very directionless and very little to get excited about at the moment. Can't really see what we are building towards, what the patterns of play are, how we are going to win matches... when it's like this and you're losing its hard to get behind.

I'm starting to worry that even with new personnel, we are going to struggle. Tried quite a few attacking players this season who seem fairly decent to me but create nothing at all.

On the Cowley point- I never got the feeling that departure was smooth or they wanted to follow the way the people spending the money wanted this club to go. I don't think that will happen. Can tell you I'd be more confident we would stay up though...

I don't like to suggest any manager should lose his job unless beyond salvation (George Kerr, Willie Bell, Steve Tilson, Gary Simpson etc). However, MK said in his pre-match interview that he believes statistics are really important. So:

** 2 wins from 13 home league games;
** 13 goals from those 13 home league games, the fifth worst in L1; three of those were penalties and one was an own goal;
** 2 goals from open play in the last 8 league games;
** 1 point from the last 5 away games, and that was against the bottom side at the time;
** the same terrible midfield that we had 12 months ago;
** a dead transfer window (caveat: three days left) in which we may even have gone further backwards.

This is not a statistic in itself, but the situation appears to be deteriorating by the game.

Good old Regan Poole, ever positive, constantly fronting the media and should have been captain from the start of the season. He deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.