Justoutside Manchester United v Manchester City Caraboa Cup Semi Final Wednesday 6th January 21 KO 7.45pm GMT - Preview and MDT | Page 2 | Vital Football

Justoutside Manchester United v Manchester City Caraboa Cup Semi Final Wednesday 6th January 21 KO 7.45pm GMT - Preview and MDT

Pep
"The team has won it three times in a row and we are in the semi-final for the fourth time in a row, so it means a lot,” said Pep.

“If it were not important then we would drop it before. It is the semi-final, we cannot expect a more difficult rival than we are going to face, but we have the desire to play well and get to another final.”
More from Pep
“We don’t have many players and, like I said after the first press conference, to play one or two games is OK but if this sustains for a long time and I can only use 14 or 15 players it will be more difficult.

“Like everyone in the world, we adapt, you have to adjust our lives and our professions as much as possible and we don’t have an alternative.

"The most important thing is that the guys who have COVID can recover well and the guys handle it well and try to avoid it as much as possible.”

Mancity - Official Club Website

Commentary By Rob Pollard @RobPollardMCFC
18:29
Khaldoon Al Mubarak on Colin Bell
“Colin Bell will always be remembered as one of Manchester City’s greatest players and the very sad news today of his passing will affect everybody connected to our club.
“I am fortunate to be able to speak regularly to his former manager and teammates, and it’s clear to me that Colin was a player held in the highest regard by all those who had the privilege of playing alongside him or seeing him play. The passage of time does little to erase the memories of his genius. The fact that we have a stand at the Etihad Stadium named after Colin speaks volumes about the importance of his contribution to this club.
“Colin was incredibly humble and a modest and understated man with an obvious inner strength of character. He was clearly comfortable with who he was and what he had achieved in the game. For the rest of us, there is always the thought of what might have been if injury had not affected his career. Undoubtedly more trophies for City and far more than the 48 England caps to his name.
“Our Club has lost a true great. Everyone’s thoughts and best wishes are with Colin’s family.”

Steffen
Cancelo Stones Dias Zinchenko
De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Mahrez, Foden, Sterling

subs:- Trafford(GK) Walker, Jesus, Aguero, Rodrigo, Mendy, Nmecha, Harwood-Bellis, Mbete

I hope Sterling can finally get some change out if wan-bissaka. Every time he has faced him he has struggled to make any impact. I also hope Mahrez a) attends to his defensive duties and b) is either less selfish or if not then scores every time he ignores a team mate in a better position when he chooses to shoot instead of making the pass

I hope Sterling can finally get some change out if wan-bissaka. Every time he has faced him he has struggled to make any impact. I also hope Mahrez a) attends to his defensive duties and b) is either less selfish or if not then scores every time he ignores a team mate in a better position when he chooses to shoot instead of making the pass

a swap of sides might do the trick

19:08
From our reporter John Edwards
The key question before kick-off is, who will lead the line up front for City?
Kevin De Bruyne did a fine job at Stamford Bridge three days ago, but Mahrez's inclusion suggests the responsibility could well fall to Raheem Sterling, with the Belgian midfielder reverting to his usual position as City's most advanced midfielder.
Of course, Phil Foden could also adopt the midfield role, allowing De Bruyne to remain in attack, so as always, we'll have to wait until we get under way to see how Guardiola has lined his team up.
Other than that, the usual 4-3-3 formation should shape up as expected. Joao Cancelo and Oleksandr Zinchenko will reprise their full-back roles, with Ruben Dias and John Stones continuing their blossoming partnership in the centre of defence.
Fernandinho will sit deepest in midfield, with Gundogan ahead of him. Should De Bruyne start in midfield, Foden and Mahrez will flank Sterling in the attacking trident.

19:10
From Neil Leigh at Old Trafford
"It’s already close to freezing here at Old Trafford with the temperature only set to dip below freezing after kick-off – but that said it’s a perfect night for a game of this magnitude.
"No wind, the playing surface at Old Trafford looks immaculate and both sides come into the match on the back of some excellent form of late.
"With a place at Wembley at stake for the victors, not to mention the Manchester bragging rights, it promises to be an absorbing contest.
"Can’t wait for kick-off."

Simon Stone
BBC Sport at Old Trafford
It's a night tinged with sadness at Old Trafford following the death of legendary Manchester City and England midfielder Colin Bell.
City's players will wear retro number eight shirts as they make their way onto the Old Trafford pitch in Bell's honour.
There will be a minute’s silence and both teams will wear black armbands.