Justice for the 21 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Justice for the 21

Im not fully clear on this story and event that happand or tradegy/terrorist attack, I do not know if them blokes were really the ones that planted the bombs but I find it strange they would arrest that many for nothing? I know so little in this not gonna pretend but no way should this be forgotten somebody did it and must be bought to justice!

A chap called Colin Parry was on the radio earlier , his son was killed by a bomb in Warrington , from memory I think he was 13 at the time.. There were 2 bombs detonated there , the second one was placed on the route where people were fleeing from the first one. No one has ever been convicted for his sons murder.

He is a sensible bloke and has done a lot of work with peace groups etc , and he said he was appalled at the suggestion just as the Irish woman they also interviewed whose brother was killed by a soldier on Bloody Sunday was.

As I am fortunate to never have lost anyone close in such circumstances I tend to listen and agree with their views.

I could not even imagine there pain ay it, the strength needed by them just to make a peaceful protest and be calm somehow is admirable and amazing, I would lose it for gods sake, is this the same incident when there was called the Birmingham six I remember as a kid growing up on the news?

I understand your point James but lets say an inquiry was launched today. It would take years going over the old evidence, and finding new evidence after so long would be nigh on impossible.

If it took 3 years it would be 42 years after the event, meaning the people responsible may well be dead already.

I think it comes down to whether it's in the public interest or not, and after this length of time convictions would be improbable at best.

There are new systems, new technology and new evidence available all the time, the search for justice should never be given up. Look at Hillsborough.

Thank goodness the disgusting antics of Jimmy Saville led to an enquiry and in turn has led to prosecutions and justice for the victims of the horrible crimes committed. Crimes incidently, with less hard evidence but that were happening around the times of the Bham Pub Bombings.

Many people out there know who was involved and what went on, it's just about them realising their moral and ethical responsibility as much as anything.

Well.

Let's have a statute of limitations on all crimes then. If murder is good enough to ignore, surely we can forget about everything else.

Wayhey we can all do what we want, and sorry is now the new get out of jail free card.

Wished I'd known that when I was younger.

Then again given the wording of the peace agreement was anything ever on the cards? That ruled out evidence in all situations effectively on all sides from my understanding.

Fine for NI maybe, not applicable to England, but then again nobody ever looks at the US funding either do they. Such a special relationship.

Fuck it why make anything illegal. Let people do what they fucking want. We have got the pro drugs gang shouting from the rooftops, paedo's claiming they are misunderstood, and criminals from petty burglars to murders saying prison doesn't work, so why bother. Close the prison, decriminalise everything, and let people do what the fuck they like. What fun we will have.

Think of the saved taxes Wurz. The tax refund at the end of the year could buy us all a small arsenal or at the very least a Kalashnikov and we can all be our own special police constables without rules.

Might even have change for the uniforms which the girlies would like.

Sounds fantastic, we all know the system is a joke anyway so why not go all the way.

While I understand the English perspective, I don't share it.

I was born in '80 so by the time I was aware of the 'troubles' the worst had passed. At that stage it was tit-for-tat killings in a constant cycle.

I've no desire to see an era of tit-for-tat inquiries instead.

Different viewpoints I guess.

So you'd gladly put justice to one side for all because you have no desire for it and it didn't directly involve you?

Not loaded, just wondering if you share the same belief on justice for anything else that didn't involve you?

Agree on viewpoints, I get where you're coming from but don't see why some crimes should be treated differently from others.

Putting justice to one side was agreed with the passing of the GFA. We all knew this. How else would it have been possible? You said as much earlier.

Your other point, "Fine for NI maybe, not applicable to England". You've admitted NI is a special case. Part of the UK but without democracy. The electoral boundaries have been redrawn to ensure power-sharing through a sectarian head-count.

Justice? No. Best bet for closure as those affected age? Yes.

NI I respect your view. You are closer to it than most of us, I've experience of the era in Ulster but only because I have worked there.
I've no interest at all in religion, (see many threads) I just don't like murdererers of which ever side getting away with it.

No interest in religion myself Trekker. Been asked a few times if I was Catholic or Protestant. Hard to be either if you don't believe imo.

No-one likes murderers getting away with it. If anyone has a realistic alternative I'd love to hear it. The GFA is far from perfect but until such time as an alternative exists, it's the only option. However distasteful.

Yes I have, when the evidence dictates charge and prosecute the perpetrators, whatever side they claim to be on.

That wasn't agreement with the 'fuck it' terms though NI, but I do see why one side especially wouldn't have signed it. How else would some now get to play MP.

And given what that rules out I see no need for any type of bastardised amnesty, however much Mr AG probably thinks it'll ease his job.

Murder is murder, and justice is justice, and when there's proof and evidence that shouldn't be ignored just because it's simpler to do so.

And no I didn't admit NI was a special place, we are talking about comments made by NI's Attorney General therefore he speaks his mind based on NI and he's fully entitled - hence my comment - to hold that belief about NI. His comments are as attributable to England as my farts are to Obama.

Sorry if that wasn't clear, I should've explained it better.

I see why neither country should have an amnesty irrespective of the agreement, which dealt with self implication in terms of handing in weaponary etc, not charge generically so not specifically justice down the line - but again when you grant that there is a logic in not guessing how it will transpire over the years when so much evidential proof has already been ruled out.

Justice may or may not be forthcoming but for those affected they will have no closure until the truth is out, as at least that would be something.

Yep that's the way Anarchy in the UK don't think it comes down to costly enquiries they have already been done but if new evidence comes to hand who ever it is should be done and left to rot.

Closure comes when its dropped and everyone finally moves forward. This on both sides.

Yet no...

Both sides have scores to settle and flags to wave, fingers to point. Marches, demonstrations to attend - we have to keep it going for as long as possible. Our young MUST remember what side we are, who we are and what we stand for..."Dont you ever forget it son"...You wear that flag with pride and keep fighting, keep hunting for justice for all those that died for our side.

It needs to be dropped! There is no justice or winners here to be had and dead wont return..Want a future for your kids? then it must be a thing of an awful past and it stays there. Shake hands, shake your heads with the "I cant believe we lived like that" and move on..

You don't understand closure GT.

You're pushing your belief onto the victims of both sides, just as you say they're never ending behaviour is pushing it on you.

Also a difference between 'a fight for justice' and then neo political standpoints which you seem to have confused here.

Shake hands are you for real shake the necks more like sorry but i'm a little less forgiving than you GT.

Mike, closure is closure..

And going over old ground is NOT closure..

You need to ask yourself, what do you want for the future of the children in NI? Do you want a divide to continue or do you want it to be over?

If you want to be over....Then close it!

If you want to play on, then lets keep the ball in play..