Just to cheer us all up a bit | Page 3 | Vital Football

Just to cheer us all up a bit

So Matt Gill has left us to join Ipswich - another one who is now a scummer. Where is the loyalty? He was given the u23 job given the trust of DF and his team and then jumps to Ipswich? Why?

I can’t understand people getting upset by Gill going - he was an U23 coach here and there he will be a first team coach. It’s a huge promotion and likely a huge wage rise, he’d have been stupid to turn it down

I bet Russ Martin is thinking 'why didn't I hold out' Lambert might have wanted him on board but I would have hoped thatMartin would have been loyal. But Martin could also be thinking that about our vacant U23 job.

I can’t understand people getting upset by Gill going - he was an U23 coach here and there he will be a first team coach. It’s a huge promotion and likely a huge wage rise, he’d have been stupid to turn it down
Not upset but I am sure he was offered a job at Peterborough a couple of seasons back and turned it down. To be fair I don't think he did much of a job for our u23s but was good with the players. I am just a bit disappointed that it had to be Ipswich he left us for but we move on and will get a better coach.

Would Ipswich be offering more money than us? Can I ask what is a 1st team coach? they have an assistant and coaches who coach the 1st team? I know that was the position Holt had in AN's backroom team but what is it? Is it like a middleman between Manager - Assistant and players?

Both a pair of Judas scum. On another note - Culverhouse is now out of work - if Lambert has taken Gill and he already has an assistant with him - maybe Culverhouse can return to us to take Gills old role? Hope he doesn’t go there too.

Latest from MumbleHead .....

‘ This is a massive club ‘.

He then apologised claiming he thought he was still Norwich manager

Someone on the facebook page says that Lambert will be given £10 million in January. Do they have that money? How much will DF get in January if anything? I am sure someone said a while back that Webber was willing to give DF a substantial amount.

This £10m “war chest” has been bandied about a bit lately but I’d be surprised if Evans has spent that in total on transfer fees, never mind throwing it at Lambert this January. Also, January is a horrible time to be trying to buy players. No value to be had in the winter market. Good luck with that!

Agreed Tucks. I can't see Evans giving them 10 million especially if he thinks Lambert will bugger off if the club goes down.