Just thinking of the biggest loss (transfer wise) | Vital Football

Just thinking of the biggest loss (transfer wise)

89spartans_12/03/77

Vital Squad Member
In light of current chat on the managerial vacancies elsewhere.
John fashanu stands out as the number one to me. Though not at the time he left.
Was it 100,000 to Millwall?
Fash went on the star in the premier league for many years and to go on to play for England.
Who’d have thought that when he left?

I thought it was £88000. He was definitely one whose later career was better than I imagined it would be, but then the same goes for Shane Nicholson and Simeon Hodson and probably loads of others.

Depending on the criteria being used to judge this then in pure financial terms Sam Clucas has got to be in the frame.

When Tommy Tynan left no-one would have thought him capable of going on to score well over 200 league goals.

Agree with all above but the exchange of Dean West for the useless Kevin Hulme must rank as one of the worst bit of business we have ever done!

hulloutpost - 29/3/2018 13:27

Depending on the criteria being used to judge this then in pure financial terms Sam Clucas has got to be in the frame.

Jon Nolan to a lesser extent.

Has Nolan actually gone for a fee?
Sam went for around £15million in the summer wasn't it?

bonsonshead - 29/3/2018 13:44

Agree with all above but the exchange of Dean West for the useless Kevin Hulme must rank as one of the worst bit of business we have ever done!

Wasn't that one of the first bits of business carried out by Steve Wicks? I was truly appalled at that decision at the time. Hulme was awful for us.

nlondonimp - 29/3/2018 20:26

how much did elton john pay us for graham taylor?

Said to be £26,000, which with inflation would nowadays be worth around £130,000 depending on which website you look at.

I think Mick Harford and Tony Cunningham generated some good transfer fees in their post-Lincoln careers, especially Harford.