Josh Parker | Vital Football

Josh Parker

Saw they've they've also released Mark Marshall, Nicky Ajose and Ben Reeves - all would be great signings for us, however I think Marshall and Reeves especially struggle with injuries.

I reckon big Steve will look to build a team full of young, hungry players. Full of energy and get about the pitch. Intriguing to see who he brings in.

Christ, you become even more of a misery at this time of year, Wayne.

If someone wants to throw any player name in the hat as a possible signing then let them. Every close season you complain about people putting speculative names forward as potential signings. Who made you judge, jury and executioner?

I think some of us would much rather see a few wild bits of speculation than hundred page threads on politics or the minutiae of the GFC accounts.

Last edited:
No.

Football forums are all about a good speculation (hope that doesn’t auto-correct).

Upon actually signing someone, Wayne will forbid us discussing their ability and how they will fit in on the basis that it is all speculation until they have played at least ten games and we can see how they play**.

The exception will be whoever is brought in as Eaves's replacement who will instead be dismissed as Wilkinson's heir on the basis of a handful of mentions by Peter Lloyd in the first match.

Josh Parker might be a good signing for us now hes been released by Charlton - anyone know anything about him ?

That playoff performance from Josh was like some of his best performance for us (one of which was against Charlton away last season, which is possibly why he ended up there). However, good performances were few and far between from him and according to a spotter mate at work, it was the same at Charlton. I liked his attitude and wish him well, but somewhere else - would be a very good player for a League Two team, but a squad player in League One for me.