Josh Parker | Page 2 | Vital Football

Josh Parker

Only played 19 games over the last 2 seasons ? I'll give him a chance as I do all players, but his record doesn't look dynamic. Ade has obviously watched him over the last few weeks training and must have seen something he liked, or it's all he could afford.

vinney - 29/1/2017 07:36

I think Tony Pulis signed Guy Butters on a Saturday morning and the players were surprised to find a new team mate in the dressing room for the game that afternoon

Aren't you supposed to get the paperwork to the FA by 6pm Friday (or maybe midday) in order for them to qualify for Saturday? I'm sure it has been the general case for a long time that a player signed on Saturday can't play a few hours later....

With Guy Butters, he probably signed officially on the Friday bit the club was awaiting confirmation it had gone through OK before announcing it...

Give him a chance.

He's got pace which we are badly lacking and if nothing else I hope he will be unpredictable and tricky to play against- think McGlashan/ Myles Weston.

NathanH_GFC - 29/1/2017 00:10

Vambogills - 28/1/2017 21:55

I cant remember us signjng a player on a Saturday before?

I think Crofts signed on a Saturday morning last year, and there would have been one or two emergency keepers, too (was it Lars Hirschfeld that was picked up en-route to an away game at Palace).

However, one that stands out for me is Neil Harris - came down with Forest as an away player, they beat us (Southall scored twice), leaving us with Harris.

Yes, Crofts deal went through officially on the Saturday we played Southend away (March 19) last season.

I think this is a good deal. What have we committed to 4-5 months wages ? If it turns out that he is decent, easy to extend it, if not then released in the summer with no great outlay by us.

We have to look for these bargains as we won't be shopping in the "posh shops" any time soon.

He obviously did enough in the trial to earn a short term deal but not enough to get a longer one, unlike holy the goalie who must have really impressed to get a long deal straight away.

Its a low risk option lets see what he can do.

At least he is a big guy who, as well as being able to play wide, seems to be comfortable playing as a central striker using his pace and physicality unlike Nouble or JET.

He is also saying the right things about wanting to give everything and his willingness to play wherever he is needed.

If Ade does want to play a 4-4-1-1 system I suspect that initially it will be Dack behind McDonald, with JET and Parker as their respective deputies.

At least he is a big guy who, as well as being able to play wide, seems to be comfortable playing as a central striker using his pace and physicality unlike Nouble or JET.

He is also saying the right things about wanting to give everything and his willingness to play wherever he is needed.

If Ade does want to play a 4-4-1-1 system I suspect that initially it will be Dack behind McDonald, with JET and Parker as their respective deputies.

158,000 players on Football Manager 16 and he isn't one of them!

mozzer59 - 29/1/2017 13:59

Well that's clearly the only reason he hasn't been snapped up by someone like Brentford.

That's playing abroad for two or three years Jamie Cureton proved how league clubs offer forget English players abroad. Jamie couldn't find a club on his return from playing in the far east for a few years.I think he subsequently did OK for various clubs.

All we can do is wait and see, Pennock thinks he is worth a short contract at least. Give him a few games, you never know.

Another signing that has come out of the blue.His stats are not much to get excited about,but I always judge a player once I have seen them.He has lots of pace,and can play upfront or on the wing so he gives us good options.The deal is until the end of the season,so he will need to do well to stay in the football league.

mozzer59 - 29/1/2017 13:59

I've found him on Football Manager easily enough, looks to be a fairly decent right winger who can also play on the left (with a lower rating for striker - which might explain the 'lack of goals)

John_Knee - 29/1/2017 17:46

Why would McCammon be relevant to this signing? :81:

As kfg put it "Another signing that has come out of the blue.His stats are not much to get excited about"

Seem to remember that was very much the reaction at to McC. Hence the somewhat muted welcome. Difference is (I think) that the manager has actually worked with him in training before signing this time.

Skullduggery Pleasan - 29/1/2017 22:45

John_Knee - 29/1/2017 17:46

Why would McCammon be relevant to this signing? :81:

As kfg put it "Another signing that has come out of the blue.His stats are not much to get excited about"

Seem to remember that was very much the reaction at to McC. Hence the somewhat muted welcome. Difference is (I think) that the manager has actually worked with him in training before signing this time.

To be honest, you could say that about a load of our signings in terms of them coming out of the blue but it was weird that you would think of McCammon as the obvious example. McCammon at least had some known history having played for various clubs in England and won promotions. A better example would be Tristan Plummer or even better Bruce Inkango.

How many of us knew much about Nutter, Miller or Jackson when we signed them, or the likes of Egan, Dickenson etc? Every manager has signed someone unexpected with indifferent stats on the face of it

I could understand this signing if the lad was 18 (a bit like the Marlon King signing) but this bloke is 26 FFS. My son showed me his antecedents. Bloody hell!! Does Ade hope he's the next Ian Wright and miraculously makes it after his mid twenties?

Obviously he deserves a chance but it doesn't look promising. The Wealdstone fans are delighted to be rid of him apparently.

The comparison with McCammon is way off.

At the time we signed McCammon, he had just helped Doncaster to promotion to the Championship. To get him, we must have needed to offer him high wages and a long contract,

This by comparison is low risk. Contract to the end of the season and as he was on trial and otherwise looking to play non league with Wealdstone, his wages will be low.

The money we saved when JED and Kerslake found new jobs so quickly may be sufficient to cover it.

More often than not, these things don't come off and although it does not excite me, I will reserve my judgement and give him a chance, as long as he gives it his all, as he says he will.