Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 57 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

I was quite into the idea of Hojbjerg when we were first linked. Now seeing Southampton fans gagging for a swap deal for KWP making me wonder if he's actually good enough for us. Maybe they're just bitter as he's announced he wants to go but doesn't sound like he's necessarily the player we need on current showings.

I actually think spending big on the right DM would be the most important signing we could make to reinvigorate the team.

I was quite into the idea of Hojbjerg when we were first linked. Now seeing Southampton fans gagging for a swap deal for KWP making me wonder if he's actually good enough for us. Maybe they're just bitter as he's announced he wants to go but doesn't sound like he's necessarily the player we need on current showings.

I actually think spending big on the right DM would be the most important signing we could make to reinvigorate the team.
I totally agree on spending big for a quality DM. But as I understand it we haven't got anything like that sort of money unless we sell first.

I would try and get Hojberg plus a keeper and the Norwich pair, Godfrey and Aarons. Those 4 would be the types of players to get some freshness into the defensive ranks.

I have a feeling Godfrey would end up the biggest star and I might be tempted to prioritise him over Hojberg.

Hojberg looks totally average to me..we must have at least as good amongst the youngsters.
I'd ask the same question about our full backs but there doesn't seem to be any forcing their way into the squad. Unlike, frustratingly, Chelsea and in particular Arsenal, who seem to have a good crop young players. When you think Saka is only 5 months older than Parrott and he's already keeping Lacazette out of the team.

I'd ask the same question about our full backs but there doesn't seem to be any forcing their way into the squad. Unlike, frustratingly, Chelsea and in particular Arsenal, who seem to have a good crop young players. When you think Saka is only 5 months older than Parrott and he's already keeping Lacazette out of the team.
Exactly, but then we let our best youth team coach go to Liverpool so what do we expect?

I can only presume Skipp isn't considered to be ready yet. But we need young, hungry players pushing the established ones. In that context I don't see any problem in signing Hojbjerg or someone similar who meets our needs. And we wouldn't be signing a player 'for the sake of buying'. We desperately need a defensive midfielder.

He will never be ready if he is not given a chance.
We do need a DM but a quality one not an average one.We need one that's going to not just break up play but be the main link between back and front.I don't see that in Hojbjerg it would be buying just because he can.I don't think we will get him especially if Jose rants many more times.Plsyers will not want to play for a manager that blames them but never takes the blame.

He will never be ready if he is not given a chance.
We do need a DM but a quality one not an average one.We need one that's going to not just break up play but be the main link between back and front.I don't see that in Hojbjerg it would be buying just because he can.I don't think we will get him especially if Jose rants many more times.Plsyers will not want to play for a manager that blames them but never takes the blame.
Just like tonight sometimes it takes your teammates to speak up. This more than anything rallies the troops & helps keep them on their toes. If it doesn't, then you have no place being on that pitch in the first place.

Just like tonight sometimes it takes your teammates to speak up. This more than anything rallies the troops & helps keep them on their toes. If it doesn't, then you have no place being on that pitch in the first place.

I agree the players must stand up and be counted.Its all good shouting but the performance was without passion or skill from both teams.It was just lucky Everton were useless.I expected an improvement from Sheffield United game but there was not the only that changed was Toby added Quito defence.As I say we got lucky Everton were crap but if this is what we have to look forward to I am glad I can't go to the ground

I agree the players must stand up and be counted.Its all good shouting but the performance was without passion or skill from both teams.It was just lucky Everton were useless.I expected an improvement from Sheffield United game but there was not the only that changed was Toby added Quito defence.As I say we got lucky Everton were crap but if this is what we have to look forward to I am glad I can't go to the ground
The signs are looking good. Defensively at least. Yes of course there's still some work to do but i'm a lot happier with what i saw from the lads tonight than i have been for some considerable time.

Now Jose has mostly a fit squad he is starting to examine players individually. Before with all the injuries he had to coax the best he could out of the players and maybe not be too hard on them. Ndombele is not playing, Sessegnon couldn't even make the bench today, Jose made the point that Cirkin got the nod because Jose really, really likes him and he has been working very hard, the same for Harvey White and Skipp. Jose is basically saying he will not pick players if they are not giving their best.
He is starting to turn the screw. Demand the players dont accept shoddy play from each other, he wants the nicey, nicey attitude gone. He doesn't want to win the fair play award.
This is the start of Jose imposing his will and standards on the players. Those that cant hack it will be frozen out. He is showing his teeth at last.

The signs are looking good. Defensively at least. Yes of course there's still some work to do but i'm a lot happier with what i saw from the lads tonight than i have been for some considerable time.

Everton had a few chances tonight and they were crap.if we play like that against Arsenal they will humiliate us.We won by a lucky own goal.Could not muster 1 real decent chance against the most lack luster team I have seen.

Now Jose has mostly a fit squad he is starting to examine players individually. Before with all the injuries he had to coax the best he could out of the players and maybe not be too hard on them. Ndombele is not playing, Sessegnon couldn't even make the bench today, Jose made the point that Cirkin got the nod because Jose really, really likes him and he has been working very hard, the same for Harvey White and Skipp. Jose is basically saying he will not pick players if they are not giving their best.
He is starting to turn the screw. Demand the players dont accept shoddy play from each other, he wants the nicey, nicey attitude gone. He doesn't want to win the fair play award.
This is the start of Jose imposing his will and standards on the players. Those that cant hack it will be frozen out. He is showing his teeth at last.

Yet he still starts Lucas,Kane,Airier,Davies, Sissoko and Son and they have done nothing to keep there spot in the team.I think this is more I am incharge show of defiance to Levy.Saying I pick who I want don't matter you paid millions for.Showing if levy buys someone who Jose doesn't want he will not play them.His actions are detrimental to the team though because Sess can't be know words than Davies and Tanguy has more quality than Sissoko but he will not get a chance to show what he can do.

Not for me we played in the most boring game ever think although they were not hard saves Hugo made more.To me that shows that they broke our defence down more than we broke there's and as I say Everton were crap we just got lucky on the day.

Not for me we played in the most boring game ever think although they were not hard saves Hugo made more.To me that shows that they broke our defence down more than we broke there's and as I say Everton were crap we just got lucky on the day.
They most certainly did not. They were shooting from distance because they couldn't get a sniff. Ancelotti even said as much after the match.

I think to some extent there is truth in that, but on the otherhand he's had enough games and training time to have or should have made these judgements by now.

In fairness, we played containment football, which after our last defensive display, I totally got, Winks was between loco and Soso we controlled the midfield and stopped their wingbacks (normally there greatest threat) dead. To that extent Aurier did his job and played to instruction brilliantly, I expect more from Everton when they went behind, but apart from two good but off-target longshots (think one was a powder puff one) Lloris and our defence looked very comfortable.

So, you're right it made for a boring game as they weren't going to open up until the death and we weren't putting anyone who might open them up and looked like we would just wait it out..

In the end Jose cancelled out their normal game-plan, so to that extent it was 10/10 but 4 out of 10 for entertainment value - but think that for now, entertainment value is the least of Jose's concerns.

They most certainly did not. They were shooting from distance because they couldn't get a sniff. Ancelotti even said as much after the match.

They still managed to get chances even if they were from 18 yards.A chance is a chance.How many did we have by a good piece of football.It was not a good display at all and the only 2 positives I can take is we played a crap team and we were lucky

They still managed to get chances even if they were from 18 yards.A chance is a chance.How many did we have by a good piece of football.It was not a good display at all and the only 2 positives I can take is we played a crap team and we were lucky

If we want to bring up luck, I think they were lucky to have all 11 men on the pitch, their RB who took out LoCelso when he would have been clear on goal was both dangerous play and the last man - he should have been sent off.