Jose is an ex-Spurs manager! | Page 42 | Vital Football

Jose is an ex-Spurs manager!

My sentiments and views exactly, Gary.

Same here, the sports media as a whole seem to have an agenda going on for whatever reason, it may just be another example of the whole dinosaur, Luddite or gammon label which seems to be a hugely popular opinion on anyone over 50 and obviously panders to the no brain twitter generation view.

I just do not understand his need to put everything in the news.He airs his problems with players his excuses with injuries.Man utd have big injuries so have Chelsea and Newcastle but you don't hear hardly anything from them. Now coming out and saying he has asked the board what game do you want us to go for.That should be kept quite.It just makes him look like he is giving up or just getting his excuses in early.Plus let's be honest it's not much to ask players play twice a week and they have just come from a break.It must be something he is doing in training if they are not fit enough to play twice a week

I think comments he's made about a couple of players (and in response to incessant questioning by reporters) have been blown out of all proportion and totally unrepresentative of the majority of positive things he has to say about the players.

Last night he couldn't be more effusive about the efforts of the team. He names Bergwijn, Moura, Lo Celso, Winks and Skipp. He probably names others in different interviews.

In some respects I think what he has been trying to do is take the pressure off the team by lowering everyones expectations. I don't see him throwing players under the bus or using them to divert the blame away from himself.

A year ago I would have been appalled at his appointment. I was still dubious when he was appointed in November. But the more the sharks circle the more I want him to succeed. I hope he rides this out and starts afresh in the summer.

Spot on. The toxicity is coming from the media, not the man. I hope people see that eventually and start to challenge the entire media process that belongs in the last century. It's absolutely vile and we should never allow it to be acceptable.

I watch every pre / post match interview on YouTube. I'm 1000% confident Jose is getting a raw deal from the media. His peers who say exactly the same thing simply don't get an eyebrow raised. It's pathetic.

I don't like Levy but I base it on limited knowledge of the man. I base it on his transfer dealings, number or poor managers, his demeanour and his unapproachable aura. Poch may have eventually decided to take him for a ride. Jose may have had that intention right from the start. Fleece him and school him.
Levy has the reputation of being tough to deal with. You cant be a shit in business. I dont believe Poch wanted to screw us from the start, but something triggered his indifference. Jose probably already knows the issue and just grabbed the money if Levy was stupid enough to offer it.
I kind of suspect Levy deserves all the shite that is thrown at him.Having state of the art training facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world but average players is hard to stomach. I understand the infrastructure theory but the fans deserve to know the truth....that the team is suffering at the moment and the re build will be slower than is palatable.

I don't like Levy but I base it on limited knowledge of the man. I base it on his transfer dealings, number or poor managers, his demeanour and his unapproachable aura. Poch may have eventually decided to take him for a ride. Jose may have had that intention right from the start. Fleece him and school him.
Levy has the reputation of being tough to deal with. You cant be a shit in business. I dont believe Poch wanted to screw us from the start, but something triggered his indifference. Jose probably already knows the issue and just grabbed the money if Levy was stupid enough to offer it.
I kind of suspect Levy deserves all the shite that is thrown at him.Having state of the art training facilities and one of the best stadiums in the world but average players is hard to stomach. I understand the infrastructure theory but the fans deserve to know the truth....that the team is suffering at the moment and the re build will be slower than is palatable.

The good news is there is nowhere for Levy to hide now. It's sink or swim time with Stadium and Training Academy infrastructure projects mostly complete. It's time to prove his talents at being a FOOTBALL chairman who can bring silverware to this club. It's about building the right leadership structure and culture in the club. It's the 3rd decade of his tenure and the clock is ticking.

I just do not understand his need to put everything in the news.He airs his problems with players his excuses with injuries.Man utd have big injuries so have Chelsea and Newcastle but you don't hear hardly anything from them. Now coming out and saying he has asked the board what game do you want us to go for.That should be kept quite.It just makes him look like he is giving up or just getting his excuses in early.Plus let's be honest it's not much to ask players play twice a week and they have just come from a break.It must be something he is doing in training if they are not fit enough to play twice a week

We have lost 2 of the 4. The danger was losing all 4 by pushing the players too hard. I suggested Jose needed to decide what game to jettison. It made sense to me that it was the FA cup one but he didnt really. Alli, Moura , Bergwijn, Winks and Aurier were all pushed further. Was it realistic to try and win them all with no strikers and marginal fitness ?
So now the question is....do you want me to try and win both the next 2 and lose all 4 or prioritize the CL. ? I think it's a fair question but should have been asked before the first game of the 4, like I did.

The good news is there is nowhere for Levy to hide now. It's sink or swim time with Stadium and Training Academy infrastructure projects mostly complete. It's time to prove his talents at being a FOOTBALL chairman who can bring silverware to this club. It's about building the right leadership structure and culture in the club. It's the 3rd decade of his tenure and the clock is ticking.

Levy needs to come out and talk to the fans and be honest with them . They can either stay loyal for the ride or withdraw their support and money. Jose is being pretty honest, maybe too honest but I would rather that than be exploited. I would tell the fans how hard its going to be and respect their decisions, not pull the wool over their eyes with false hope.

We have lost 2 of the 4. The danger was losing all 4 by pushing the players too hard. I suggested Jose needed to decide what game to jettison. It made sense to me that it was the FA cup one but he didnt really. Alli, Moura , Bergwijn, Winks and Aurier were all pushed further. Was it realistic to try and win them all with no strikers and marginal fitness ?
So now the question is....do you want me to try and win both the next 2 and lose all 4 or prioritize the CL. ? I think it's a fair question but should have been asked before the first game of the 4, like I did.

I don't know how he achieves that though. We have no superstars that are any better than other players and a very small pool of players to work with. Some haven't got 90 mins in them so automatically start on the bench. When you think about it, it's probably the difference between 3 or 4 players only and there's not much between them. We won't even know whether he's gone weakened unless some development squad suddenly turn up.

Last edited:
Levy needs to come out and talk to the fans and be honest with them . They can either stay loyal for the ride or withdraw their support and money. Jose is being pretty honest, maybe too honest but I would rather that than be exploited. I would tell the fans how hard its going to be and respect their decisions, not pull the wool over their eyes with false hope.

The problem is the interpretation of the "vote of confidence from the chairman" being the death knell according to the media scum. The timing of Levy saying anything is intricate right now.

I don't know how he achieves that though. We have no superstars that are any better than other players and a very small pool of players to work with. Some haven't got 90 mins in them so automatically start on the bench. When you think about it, it's probably the difference between 3 or 4 players only and there's not much between them. We won't even know whether he's gone weakened unless some development squad suddenly turn up.

Looking at the Norwich game who could have been rested. ? Aurier with Gedson instead, Winks with Dier and Toby as a CB. Parrott instead of Loco, Etete instead of Alli, Lamela for 45, Moura the other. Ndombele instead of Bergwijn or 45 each.
Remember we lost anyway and knackered further Aurier, Winks, Loco, Moura, Bergwijn and Alli.
We may have lost with my options but the fatigue would have been reduced.

Gazza, Gedson, Toby, Sanchez, Vert, Dier, Skipp, Ndombele , Parrott, Lamela , Etete.

These excuses about so-called average players and the like is comical.

So disappointed was everyone when we signed these players that the biggest clubs in the world were interested in. Came over, donned the lilywhite, ate a meat pie, and turned to shit I guess? Or they're only good when in an England shirt eh?

If we were to put some of our oh-so-crappy players up for sale, those same biggest clubs would be trying to buy them.

No, sorry, the problem isn't the players turning to shite overnite, it's the management of the squad.

Someone with actual & complete knowledge/understanding of the game would have no trouble working with the stable of players Spurs have at their disposal, (including the difficult injuries), and get results. These whiny piss-boy excuses are irritating, and tedious.

Poch was slagged for not having an option B in games. But at least he was capable of fashioning an option A, without whinging like a bitch, which is clearly beyond Mourinho.

So disappointed was everyone when we signed these players that the biggest clubs in the world were interested in. Came over, donned the lilywhite, ate a meat pie, and turned to shit I guess? Or they're only good when in an England shirt eh?

If we were to put some of our oh-so-crappy players up for sale, those same biggest clubs would be trying to buy them.

No, sorry, the problem isn't the players turning to shite overnite, it's the management of the squad.

Someone with actual & complete knowledge/understanding of the game would have no trouble working with the stable of players Spurs have at their disposal, (including the difficult injuries), and get results. These whiny piss-boy excuses are irritating, and tedious.

Poch was slagged for not having an option B in games. But at least he was capable of fashioning an option A, without whinging like a bitch, which is clearly beyond Mourinho.

Unfortunately, there is only a very few undroppable players now compared to 3 years ago. Fortunately, it is the ones we've been buying recently. I'm already a massive fan of Gio and feel that injury free, Ndombele will be the same. Obviously, Kane and Son are already in that bracket and hopefully Bergwijn will work his way up to that status. Our other undroppable players are only there because there is no genuine competition for their shirt (Lloris, Aurier, Davies etc).

As I was asking the other day, if Jose saw the opportunity to make a sacrifice and trade up across a range of players, would he? That list includes Lloris, Aurier, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, Moura etc. I think he would because, apart from Sanchez maybe, there's not much runway left in that lot. Then there's the enigma that is Dele. We're all constantly scratching our head on that one.

Probably like you, I do think the squad is way better than its current showing even with injuries and fatigue. It's nothing to shout about yet though. 3 new players and clearing out some fringe could tip the balance in the right direction though.

Our squad is packed with average players with flaws in the game

We have gone from a monster CM pairing to lightweight pairings - or Sissoko who can’t trap a bag of cement.

We currently have braindead winger playing up front and a newbie who is still getting used to the league

We have players running on empty and injuries

Then we have players like Ndombele who can’t be arsed to do anything

Levy was appointed to the board 20th December 2000.

20 years is more than enough patience from the fans.

This hurts; I hope Jose sticks this on the dressing room wall (having read it himself) makes every player read it :-

“They just wait for you” – Norwich player unimpressed with how Mourinho has changed Tottenham

By Naveen Ullal -

6th March 2020

The clash against the Canaries ended in a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes as Josip Drmić’s second half goal cancelled Jan Vertonghen’s first half header. The outcome of the match was decided on penalties.
Norwich midfielder Alexander Tettey spoke to the Norwegian media about his side’s success over Tottenham and was critical about Spurs’ playing style under Mourinho.
“It’s great, but I don’t want to exaggerate. I’ve been a part of a lot before. It’s common. We’re a good team. We knew we would give them a lot of trouble because of the way they play,” Tettey told VG.

“They’ve changed completely from being very aggressive and good with the ball under Mauricio Pochettino, to what they’re doing now, where they just wait for you.”
After the latest success against Tottenham, Norwich will face Manchester United in the next round of the FA Cup. Tettey will be hoping his side can manage another upset in the cup competition.

This hurts; I hope Jose sticks this on the dressing room wall (having read it himself) makes every player read it :-

“They just wait for you” – Norwich player unimpressed with how Mourinho has changed Tottenham

By Naveen Ullal -

6th March 2020

The clash against the Canaries ended in a 1-1 draw after 90 minutes as Josip Drmić’s second half goal cancelled Jan Vertonghen’s first half header. The outcome of the match was decided on penalties.
Norwich midfielder Alexander Tettey spoke to the Norwegian media about his side’s success over Tottenham and was critical about Spurs’ playing style under Mourinho.
“It’s great, but I don’t want to exaggerate. I’ve been a part of a lot before. It’s common. We’re a good team. We knew we would give them a lot of trouble because of the way they play,” Tettey told VG.

“They’ve changed completely from being very aggressive and good with the ball under Mauricio Pochettino, to what they’re doing now, where they just wait for you.”
After the latest success against Tottenham, Norwich will face Manchester United in the next round of the FA Cup. Tettey will be hoping his side can manage another upset in the cup competition.
Prior to this season's two matches under Mourinho the last time Tettey faced Spurs for Norwich was in the 2015-16 season. That was indeed when we played a high pressing game. It tapered off the following season and was non-existent under Poch during the 2018-19 season and 2019-20 until he was sacked. I would have more respect for his comments if he was comparing Poch's last two seasons in charge to Mourinho.

Prior to this season's two matches under Mourinho the last time Tettey faced Spurs for Norwich was in the 2015-16 season. That was indeed when we played a high pressing game. It tapered off the following season and was non-existent under Poch during the 2018-19 season and 2019-20 until he was sacked. I would have more respect for his comments if he was comparing Poch's last two seasons in charge to Mourinho.

I couldn't care less what he said if it was something other than what we now know we do in every game.

Jose has said today that everything (one) is positive - all he has to do to turn this around is to apply positive tactics, then if we lose, most (not all) would applaud him for it (including me) - we desperately need a new tactical approach.

Other managers manage without blurting all their problems out in the media.Just get on with your job you are paid millions to do.He just is full of excuses.

Other managers manage without blurting all their problems out in the media.Just get on with your job you are paid millions to do.He just is full of excuses.
The media in general doesn’t give a jot for what managers outside the so called top six have to say and Morinho is a target the moment he has a job.

The media in general doesn’t give a jot for what managers outside the so called top six have to say and Morinho is a target the moment he has a job.

Then if we can see it, why can't he and just show some maturity?!!!

He needs to be a leader now, not a serial whinger.