Jose is afraid. | Page 4 | Vital Football

Jose is afraid.

Damn you, read this post and had to find out for myself (I'm like that!), so I went back to the '09-'10 season to get a better balance of our results against the other top 6, and its because it was the first time we'd reached top 4 and qualified for Champions League.

Redknapp
09-10 -- P10 W5 D0 L5 PTS 15
10-11 -- P10 W3 D4 L3 PTS 13
11-12 -- P10 W2 D3 L5 PTS 9
Total P30 W10 D7 L13 PTS 37
Points Per Game 1.23

AVB
12-13 -- P10 W4 D2 L4 PTS 14
AVB/Sherwood
13-14 -- P10 W1 D2 L7 PTS 5
Total P20 W5 D4 L11 PTS 19
PPG 0.95

Pochettino
14-15 -- P10 W2 D2 L6 PTS 8
15-16 -- P10 W3 D6 L1 PTS 15
16-17 -- P10 W4 D3 L3 PTS 15
17-18 -- P10 W4 D1 L5 PTS 13

18-19 -- P10 W2 D1 L7 PTS 7
19-20 -- P 3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2
Total P53 W15 D15 L23 PTS 60
PPG 1.13

Mourinho
19-20 -- P 7 W2 D1 L4 PTS 7
20-21 -- P 9 W3 D1 L5 PTS 10
Total P16 W5 D2 L9 PTS 17
PPG 1.06

Now, you can make of this what you will, but what did stand out to me was that between 2016 to the first 4 'big' games of 2019 Poch's record was:
P 34 W 13 D 10 L11 PTS 49 PPG 1.44

His last 9 against the big 6 was 0 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses. So apart from his first season and the end of his reign, his record for just over 3 seasons was actually pretty damn good.

A great read but doesn't tell the whole story.

We had a very strong team over that period. Especially 2015-2017.

It's not a coincidence that at the start and end of Pochs reign when the squads were weaker the stats drop.

Jose now doesn't have a squad anywhere near as good as that either.

A great read but doesn't tell the whole story.

We had a very strong team over that period. Especially 2015-2017.

It's not a coincidence that at the start and end of Pochs reign when the squads were weaker the stats drop.

Jose now doesn't have a squad anywhere near as good as that either.

Players like Walker , Vert, Rose, Wanyama, Dembele and Eriksen in their pomp as examples. I dont think their replacements are of the same standard.

It does seem defensive arguments in favour of JM are coming out, ok they maybe true, but surely if that's the case, he should be making the best of a bad lot, which I am afraid he is not!

Damn you, read this post and had to find out for myself (I'm like that!), so I went back to the '09-'10 season to get a better balance of our results against the other top 6, and its because it was the first time we'd reached top 4 and qualified for Champions League.

Redknapp
09-10 -- P10 W5 D0 L5 PTS 15
10-11 -- P10 W3 D4 L3 PTS 13
11-12 -- P10 W2 D3 L5 PTS 9
Total P30 W10 D7 L13 PTS 37
Points Per Game 1.23

AVB
12-13 -- P10 W4 D2 L4 PTS 14
AVB/Sherwood
13-14 -- P10 W1 D2 L7 PTS 5
Total P20 W5 D4 L11 PTS 19
PPG 0.95

Pochettino
14-15 -- P10 W2 D2 L6 PTS 8
15-16 -- P10 W3 D6 L1 PTS 15
16-17 -- P10 W4 D3 L3 PTS 15
17-18 -- P10 W4 D1 L5 PTS 13

18-19 -- P10 W2 D1 L7 PTS 7
19-20 -- P 3 W0 D2 L1 PTS 2
Total P53 W15 D15 L23 PTS 60
PPG 1.13

Mourinho
19-20 -- P 7 W2 D1 L4 PTS 7
20-21 -- P 9 W3 D1 L5 PTS 10
Total P16 W5 D2 L9 PTS 17
PPG 1.06

Now, you can make of this what you will, but what did stand out to me was that between 2016 to the first 4 'big' games of 2019 Poch's record was:
P 34 W 13 D 10 L11 PTS 49 PPG 1.44

His last 9 against the big 6 was 0 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses. So apart from his first season and the end of his reign, his record for just over 3 seasons was actually pretty damn good.

Haha fair play! I began to start looking up and gave up when I realised the effort it would have taken.

Slightly surprising stats I'd say although as RD said we had a better team throughout Poch years and he's barely beat the points tally of Jose against the top teams.

Getting back to original point, I think regardless of how the season ends up I think he's gone at the end of the season so lets all just pray he leaves us with a trophy to celebrate...which is what he was brought in to do.

It does seem defensive arguments in favour of JM are coming out, ok they maybe true, but surely if that's the case, he should be making the best of a bad lot, which I am afraid he is not!

In terms of tactics and man management that is all on Jose.

The squad quality for me is not all on him. Trying to replace the squad we had 3 years ago is an impossible task with our budget.

The summer of 2018 was always a cross roads moment for the club. That was the time to start rebuilding and we failed.

We have a serious Kane problem. He unbalances the team. At the same time, he remains the focus. I lso think he is a pain in the arse to manage for a club like Tottenham. One other point, if Moussa Sissoko is a dressing room leader this team dynamic is seriously naffed.
I don't know why. Sissoko is a level headed guy. When if ever do you hear any stories about him. He's fit, strong & despite what many say fairly reliable for a Tottenham player. Okay he has glaring deficiencies in his game & yes we'd all like better, but for the time being i have no problem at all with his role behind the scenes.

Compare our first 11 and squad with City and you realise our first 11 and squad are miles behind.

Sure it has some good players for the moment but its still weak in many areas.

At best it's a top 5 squad.

If we want league titles we need to improve drastically.
There are very few squads in world football that compare to City's. They reguarly spend £50m a pop on defenders alone.

Steve, I don't even think they are a bad fit, I really do believe in them, the problem, probably the biggest, is JM himself, he is for me an outdated, to old to learn, but in reality you never are, has-been, get out of my club.
I come back to the awful run of form we witnessed under Poch. This has happened under successive coaches. There has to be a reason for that.

I come back to the awful run of form we witnessed under Poch. This has happened under successive coaches. There has to be a reason for that.

Under Poch it started when it was clear that two to three players wanted away and were less than committed; Erickson, Vert, Toby, Rose and before that Walker, all essential players and the disharmony of these plus the refusal to buy anything less than Champions league class players started the rot - once that happens inside a camp and the club/Poch not dealing with it smartly is why Poch's tenure collapsed inwards on him - these are things that aren't speculation anymore, they're the facts.

So it's not as simple as connecting the dots and making an assumption.

This season, Jose got all the players he wanted, only two have proved moderately successful out of the six he signed, internally he went to war with two players and on both occasions, I warned as much as I was able that the discord inside the squad was real, as I know it is now. The public pronouncements by the players are a farce, I've seen parts of leaks to the Atlantic, he's not trusted and his methods are deemed to be out of the Ark by some sections.

We've played some of the worst football of the season of all the clubs in the PL and have been called out for doing so, we've got some of the best-attacking players in the game and have the pundits shaking their heads in amazement at the wholly negative tactics employed, his negative defensive tactics and game management have cost us significant points that may well cost us Europe next season unless we perform a miracle in the Europa. For the first time in 10 years.

We are now all having to contemplate that prospect and the mess it will leave us in and our quest for new players of CL class.

That's the legacy we are in danger of him leaving us with by his lack of tactical nous and balls.

I am more than happy to eat humble pie if I've been reading this all wrong and he goes on and makes a fool of me, because I'm desperate for us to succeed, but after that Arse game, I'm now convinced I'm right and as soon as we get knocked out of the Europa he has to be sacked.

Last edited:
Steve, I don't even think they are a bad fit, I really do believe in them, the problem, probably the biggest, is JM himself, he is for me an outdated, to old to learn, but in reality you never are, has-been, get out of my club.

And if he wins us the League Cup or dare I say Europa?

I get why he's not liked by some of our fanbase but if we do manage a trophy some of you lot will be left to eat a serious amount of humble pie :surrender:

I get why he's not liked by some of our fanbase but if we do manage a trophy some of you lot will be left to eat a serious amount of humble pie :surrender:
Sorry Scott, even if, massive IF there, we were to win the two cups, again highly unlikely, I would still want him out, so no humble pie for me after all I can't stand the stuff lol! sorry mate.

Jose isn't afraid. He will be laughing all the way to the bank.

The chav clearly had an agenda when he arrived here. Destroy the club from within.

He has done that in spectacular fashion.

Well as predicted, we got knocked out of the Europa.

Will winning a piece of silverware that for most clubs/fans is almost a joke make a difference, I guess it could for many, but it won't for me, there are simply too many fundamental basic issues of division that Jose has caused unnecessarily so that tells me, he hasn't and won't change and all that would do is delay the inevitable.

His methodology, his leadership style, his self-delusion and his ability to deflect and point fingers in public is toxic. That said it's clear that not everyone sees it as I do and will of course simply try and excuse all that we have seen as 'the players not being good enough', which in my view is pure nonsense.

Well as predicted, we got knocked out of the Europa.

Will winning a piece of silverware that for most clubs/fans is almost a joke make a difference, I guess it could for many, but it won't for me, there are simply too many fundamental basic issues of division that Jose has caused unnecessarily so that tells me, he hasn't and won't change and all that would do is delay the inevitable.

His methodology, his leadership style, his self-delusion and his ability to deflect and point fingers in public is toxic. That said it's clear that not everyone sees it as I do and will of course simply try and excuse all that we have seen as 'the players not being good enough', which in my view is pure nonsense.

There's no defending last night. Season over.

Next season, we go again. At least 10 first team players must go and a new manager.

Jose isn't afraid. He will be laughing all the way to the bank.

The chav clearly had an agenda when he arrived here. Destroy the club from within.

He has done that in spectacular fashion.
Haha RD one of my oppo's has been saying JM is a Chav double agent come to destroy Spurs from within.