Jose is afraid. | Page 5 | Vital Football

Jose is afraid.

Well as predicted, we got knocked out of the Europa.

Will winning a piece of silverware that for most clubs/fans is almost a joke make a difference, I guess it could for many, but it won't for me, there are simply too many fundamental basic issues of division that Jose has caused unnecessarily so that tells me, he hasn't and won't change and all that would do is delay the inevitable.

His methodology, his leadership style, his self-delusion and his ability to deflect and point fingers in public is toxic. That said it's clear that not everyone sees it as I do and will of course simply try and excuse all that we have seen as 'the players not being good enough', which in my view is pure nonsense.
100% there Ex.

All I will say is look what happened to city at the beginning of the season. They had injuries and everyone was questioning Pep. You did not see Pep slating his players or questioning himself. He got down to work and had a plan how to play without certain players. Then if someone else got injured he had another plan and another plan. Pep used his fear of defeat and turned it into a winning formula. Yes he has a better squad than us but he did not have players like son and Kane to score him goals. Jose is not half the manager Pep is and you can bet that if he was city's manager and went on that run he would play the same just as boring with the same negative attitude.
The best form of defence is attack. Yes you have to mind the opposition but if you set out not to lose but never go to win you will fail.
I said Jose would ruin us but I wanted to be wrong because of what he won you always have hope. After Thursday I genuinely have no hope. Even if we win the caribo Cup and manage to get top 5. I will still want him out and feel let down as we had the easiest run in cups of any English team and should have done so much better.

All I will say is look what happened to city at the beginning of the season. They had injuries and everyone was questioning Pep. You did not see Pep slating his players or questioning himself. He got down to work and had a plan how to play without certain players. Then if someone else got injured he had another plan and another plan. Pep used his fear of defeat and turned it into a winning formula. Yes he has a better squad than us but he did not have players like son and Kane to score him goals. Jose is not half the manager Pep is and you can bet that if he was city's manager and went on that run he would play the same just as boring with the same negative attitude.
The best form of defence is attack. Yes you have to mind the opposition but if you set out not to lose but never go to win you will fail.
I said Jose would ruin us but I wanted to be wrong because of what he won you always have hope. After Thursday I genuinely have no hope. Even if we win the caribo Cup and manage to get top 5. I will still want him out and feel let down as we had the easiest run in cups of any English team and should have done so much better.
In fairness PJ City are on another level when it comes to squad depth. They can bring on Mahrez & Stones & the like when they have injuries, both cost a cool £50m a pop. Mendy & Walker cost £50m a pop. These were fringe players for crying out...

And if he wins us the League Cup or dare I say Europa?

I get why he's not liked by some of our fanbase but if we do manage a trophy some of you lot will be left to eat a serious amount of humble pie :surrender:
Not really Scotty, As Iposted earlier, I couldn't give a fuck about winning the Cup while he is still our manager. It will just give the prick a chance to go on and ruin another club, " oh look,I won another trophy" it just feeds his ego,time and time again while leaving a mess behind him.

How many managers have we waved goodbye to because they lost the dressing room. ? So called player power really pisses me off.
How about being a bit more thick skinned and having the balls to prove the manager wrong about his opinion.

Not really Scotty, As Iposted earlier, I couldn't give a fuck about winning the Cup while he is still our manager. It will just give the prick a chance to go on and ruin another club, " oh look,I won another trophy" it just feeds his ego,time and time again while leaving a mess behind him.

Well I hold my hands up, I had anticipated us getting to the latter rounds of the Europa would have still made it a decent season but after that embarrassment the other night it puts pay to that. Although winning League Cup would still make it a successful season I don't see any way back from Jose now.

Lets hope he wins it for us and we all move on next season.

In fairness PJ City are on another level when it comes to squad depth. They can bring on Mahrez & Stones & the like when they have injuries, both cost a cool £50m a pop. Mendy & Walker cost £50m a pop. These were fringe players for crying out...

I know I was just saying that Pep looked at what he had and had multiple game plans to play to their strengths. Jose has one game plan and that's Park the bud and it doesn't play to our strengths. Not saying anything about the squad it's about the class and mentality of the manager. The pressure on Pep is immense but you never see him be anything but class

I know I was just saying that Pep looked at what he had and had multiple game plans to play to their strengths. Jose has one game plan and that's Park the bud and it doesn't play to our strengths. Not saying anything about the squad it's about the class and mentality of the manager. The pressure on Pep is immense but you never see him be anything but class
Wasn't having a pop mate, just stating the obvious. Apparently they're the biggest spenders in Europe over the last 5 seasons.

Even with all their money success isn't always guaranteed. Europe still remains elusive for some of the big shakers like City, Inter & PSG.

Well I hold my hands up, I had anticipated us getting to the latter rounds of the Europa would have still made it a decent season but after that embarrassment the other night it puts pay to that. Although winning League Cup would still make it a successful season I don't see any way back from Jose now.

I couldn't consider winning the Carabao Cup as a successful season, without taking into account how we performed in the other competitions,

We beat Chelsea on pens when neither team was at full strength. A bye over Orient into the next round. Routine wins against Championship opposition - Stoke and Brentford - to get to the final.

What does that really tell us about the team and manager?

Even if we beat Man City in the final that wouldn't change anything for me in an overall season assessment.

However, taken in isolation, beating Man City in a one-off final would be significant. It was the one thing Poch was unable to achieve. It was the main thing that Jose was brought into to do. It should be the stepping stone to changing the mentality of the players and club.

But I think it's gone way too far for that now even if, somehow, we were to conjure up a way to win.

How many managers have we waved goodbye to because they lost the dressing room. ? So called player power really pisses me off.
How about being a bit more thick skinned and having the balls to prove the manager wrong about his opinion.

Nick, when you leader is palpably unstable and at time incoherent or demonstrably confused and giving the impression of not caring - you'd soon be undermined too and that like it or not leads to erratic performances - in fact just the sort we've been having.

Your final sentence, ie thick skinned blah blah only brings me back to what I said before, the players are Dammed if they do Dammed if they don't.

The multitude of us believe the players do not want Moaninasarous and his dated antiquated tactics etc, so if they went out n proved him wrong they would only see him being kept on as the "right man for the job" thus they cannot win one way or another, my feelings anyway.

To a degree you are right there SDY, but Moaninasarous then goes, but he will still have bragging rights "see I won a trophy for them", basically thats how brilliant a manager/coach I am, so no thanks, piss off out of my club!

Nick, when you leader is palpably unstable and at time incoherent or demonstrably confused and giving the impression of not caring - you'd soon be undermined too and that like it or not leads to erratic performances - in fact just the sort we've been having.

I have worked under quite a few inept and poor managers and always looked after myself and my responsibilities. There is no way I would lower my standards to expose the manager.
As Hugo said....you play for the badge.
I agree Jose is a strange one but the club should come first.

I have worked under quite a few inept and poor managers and always looked after myself and my responsibilities. There is no way I would lower my standards to expose the manager.
As Hugo said....you play for the badge.
I agree Jose is a strange one but the club should come first.

It should, but sometimes getting rid of a manager that you know is clueless and out of touch is the best thing you can do for it, especially when most players don't trust him.

It should, but sometimes getting rid of a manager that you know is clueless and out of touch is the best thing you can do for it, especially when most players don't trust him.

It's not the players job to get rid of or expose the manager deliberately. For the good of the club a resolution should be sought.