Johnny Haynes | Vital Football

Johnny Haynes

gator

Vital Champions League
Just wondering if anyone can remember a lad of this name who came from Perry Barr who drank in the Crown&Cushion he was quite a big lad who always travelled on the official supporters club.He would be in his fifties now why i'm asking is I have just been on some Villa facebook account and someone had put a photo of few Villa at an away game and in the middle was a lad called Johnny Haynes and that he had passed away in 2008.Because I haven't seen Johnny for a long time I really couldn't tell if it was him so if anyone knows Johnny I would much appreciate any information on this as he was a very good friend of mine in the late 70s early 80s very sad if it is him.

I`m sure my mate said he saw him in a boozer fairly recently.
I can`t check now Gator,but I`ll text my mate and find as soon as I can.

Yeah cheers club I had a hunch you knew him being from Great Barr must admit the photo was a bit grainy but it didn't look like him I have some great memories of Johnny.

starchild65 - 21/10/2014 16:57

didn't he play for Fulham many many years ago - was the first £100,000 player wasn't he?
LOL I can assure you this one didn't.

I haven`t forgotten Gator.
My mate has a tendency to disappear from time to time .
He`s been off work for 6 months with his back and he`s just come into a few quid off the council and he likes to meet "ladies from the internet",so I daresay he`s having a bit of fun somewhere.He` will answer me soon enough. (when he sobers up! ).
He`s the one who bumped into Johnny Haines not me,so I can`t give you any info until I`ve spoken to him.

I`ve just got hold of him Gator.
My apologies.It was Pete the Greek he bumped into in Erdington,not Johnny Haynes.He hasn`t seen Johnny Haynes for ages.
If he bumps into anyone else who might know,he`ll let me know and I`ll let you know.

Cheers Club wasn't around yesterday yeah I bump into the Greek every now and then gonna have to do some digging on this one I will let you know when I find something out.