John Sullivan | Page 3 | Vital Football

John Sullivan

nothing wrong with a lack of hair, altho i am sure he wouldnt mind some of sullivan's - nor would i for that matter!

He should be with Kitson running their ship.To think i used to stick up for that fookin clown
Still the last time he turned up at Fratton i missed his appearance altogether as we overdid the social side at the Lawrence.Am expecting to make a better effort on Saturday but might get arrested if i call Kitson what i would like to call him!!!!!!

Anyway back to who i might or might not see in goal i think Sullivan has the job
Not that i know anything or have managed to obtain a reasoned reason, i just THINK!

John Sullivan's time at Fratton is over, for the rest of the season at least. He has, as reported, joined Cambridge on loan until the summer.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?539750">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Last week it was spelt out that Pompey were 'top heavy' when it came to goalies, and lets face it a league two club does not need three off them – in fairness not too many clubs at many level have three senior goalies do they...

Something had to give, and it has.

I had noticed some online talk over the weekend that it had been said to so and so that <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>John Sullivan</font></b> had told people that a loan with Cambridge had been agreed?

This was shared in the forum, at least I meant to and think I did...

Not that it has been officially announced by Pompey, but it has Cambridge, he has indeed left Fratton and will be staying on loan with the non-league side until the end of the season.

In all honesty neither Sullivan or <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>Phil Smith</font></b> have been that successful with Pompey, although I still think that in the long-term Sullivan could actually offer us something so I would not be surprised if he returned this summer to stay, Smith on the other hand will leave when his contract expires...

Good luck to John, hopefully he can get some games under his belt and get some confidence back as, like I say, despite it perhaps not looking like it I do think that he is a decent goalie.

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=17788" target="blank"><b>Click here to make your prediction: Oxford v Pompey</b></a>.

<b><I>Vital Pompey always wants blogs, so if can offer us something we would love to share it with the masses!

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing</b> <a href="mailto:portsmouth@vitalfootball.co.uk"><font color="#0E4FB0"><b>***CLICK HERE***</font></b></a></I>

Today <b><font color='#0E4FB0'>John Sullivan</font></b> has opened up to the News.

He has revealed all about a battle with depression, not just during his time at Fratton, that has left him – at the age of 26 – deciding to retire from the game.

Earlier this month his contract with Pompey was mutually cancelled, his last contract as a professional footballer it would seem...

He came to Pompey last summer with something of a reputation, and from what I had seen of him I thought he could be a decent goalie for us – sadly this did not work out for him, and I can only imagine that the constant in and out of the team hardly helped his state of mind?

A greater pressure of playing for a club of our stature, from himself within and the terraces, seems to have taken him to breaking point. It might sound odd but perhaps his time at Fratton did him some favours as it would appear it brought these issues very much to the surface?

Sullivan speaks about the life of a footballer not being all about a 'dream job', yep they get paid a decent amount of money but at the end of the day any footballer is still human just like you or I – well, Luis Suarez maybe not as he does not seem to act very human like and certainly shows not remorse...

In his interview he says he is not looking for 'the sympathy vote', while I am sure he will get some of this he will also take some flack too as some take a very much 'man up' approach to most things in life but depression is such a terrible thing.

I take my hat off to Sullivan, I feel it takes a bigger person to open up and reveal something like he has.

Sullivan doing so could also make a difference to other people, not just footballers but the everyday common Joe Bloggs like you or I, as it sends out a clear message that there is no shame in admitting you are battling demons and the only way to beat, or at least tame, them are to seek help...

Whatever the future does bring for him I wish him well and hope that he can find the solace in wherever this road takes him next – he has no regrets at all about his time in football, and if it comes to a complete end he knows that he had 'lived the dream' for 11-years of his life and feels content with his lot.

It just goes to prove that you never really know what is going on behind closed doors do you and the life of a professional footballer, athlete or any other profession does not make you immune from anything...

<a style="color:#0E4FB0" href="http://twitter.com/vitalportsmouth " target="blank"><b>Follow @VitalPortsmouth</b></a>.

PLAY UP POMPEY!

<b><I>Vital Pompey always wants blogs, so if can offer us something we would love to share it with the masses!

To email your own unique article/blog for publishing</b> <a href="mailto:portsmouth@vitalfootball.co.uk"><font color="#0E4FB0"><b>***CLICK HERE***</font></b></a></I>

He did his best for Pompey, but unfortunately it was not to work out for him, I think hes a decent person and wish him al lthe very best of luck in the future. :18:

Does stop and make you think, and remind you these people - whatever situation, financial wealth etc. - are still only human like us all and NOT immortal.