John McGinn offer turned down | Page 8 | Vital Football

John McGinn offer turned down

We need more than 1....Vaughan can't be relied on fitness wise and Leeds game showed how weak we are without him

ROME WASN'T BUILT IN A DAY.

OKD, you have my sympathy. I have no problem understanding your varied repeated explanations even though I'm not an accountant either. But I have worked for myself for a good many years and am familiar with some of the pitfalls involved.
Football is not like any other business and quite apart from FFP restraints some of the owners are not in it to make money, they're in it because they love the game and have the cash to support their love. If I had that sort of fortune I'd be tempted as well.
It's obvious to most of us that we're paying the penalty in part for employing some average to poor players on big money and they're still on the books. And they're not good enough to play in our current side so they are getting paid just for sitting on their arse.
In the mean time we are limited to what we can spend.

It's obvious that we're not going to get out of the mess in one season but so far I'm satisfied with the progress being made and have faith in the current setup.

We do need to get that defense sorted though. Sooner the better.

Southern red - 1/9/2017 00:57

We need more than 1....Vaughan can't be relied on fitness wise and Leeds game showed how weak we are without him

I think its foolish to believe this club can be rebuilt in one transfer window under the new management.
Wait till January, strengthen a little more and again next summer.

We shouldn't even be entering the market in January, unless it is a vital loan or another club in crisis throws up a deal too good to miss.

A dreadful, overinflated window with little that's decent available. No point paying January prices if your ambitions run no higher than mid table

Pope John XXIII - 1/9/2017 07:04

We shouldn't even be entering the market in January, unless it is a vital loan or another club in crisis throws up a deal too good to miss.

A dreadful, overinflated window with little that's decent available. No point paying January prices if your ambitions run no higher than mid table

Totally agree

This season is about avoiding relegation with plenty to spare

If we are on track to do that then there will be no pressure in January to spend or bring players in UNLESS they are the right players and right price to invest in for the following season

This is a rebuilding phase and so far so good

Pope John XXIII - 1/9/2017 07:04

You say that, but the market is already over inflated anyway. I don't see that changing, do you?

We have between now and January to scout quality lower league or possibly foreign league players.

But what if EM fancies a go at it Jimmy? I've already said we need a "nutter " who gets it right. You never know. I do agree with you though, no rush if we want to be sensible.

Agree with Jimmy. Unless performances and results dip significantly then we should be able to steer clear of any relegation threat.

This transfer window has been a success in every way possible. Forest have brought in more money than they have spent. They have off-loaded several surplus players and freed up wages. Good signings have been brought in at good money, who have immediately strengthened the team and we come out the window better than we went in.

I don't see how it can be seen as anything other than a success. I'm not buying the "we need more to get promoted" argument. Yes we do, but we also need more time not just more players. Promotion this season is not a sensible aim, but it already seems a few are carried away and bemoaning the clubs (lack of) ambition.

jbacsta - 1/9/2017 07:54

But what if EM fancies a go at it Jimmy? I've already said we need a "nutter " who gets it right. You never know. I do agree with you though, no rush if we want to be sensible.

He clearly isn't a nutter

We've seen enough sensible stuff to know that already

This is carefully managed improvement

I hope we improve 10 per cent a season for the next 10 years

If so we will be top half Premier League by then and competing for Europe again

We need to have a sustainable plan

We don't need a roller coaster ride overseen by a "nutter" where at the end we are left in a mess

We need slow steady improvement ongoing all over the club on and off the pitch

The tortoise beats the hare remember

LynxRed - 1/9/2017 07:57

Agree with Jimmy. Unless performances and results dip significantly then we should be able to steer clear of any relegation threat.

This transfer window has been a success in every way possible. Forest have brought in more money than they have spent. They have off-loaded several surplus players and freed up wages. Good signings have been brought in at good money, who have immediately strengthened the team and we come out the window better than we went in.

I don't see how it can be seen as anything other than a success. I'm not buying the "we need more to get promoted" argument. Yes we do, but we also need more time not just more players. Promotion this season is not a sensible aim, but it already seems a few are carried away and bemoaning the clubs (lack of) ambition.

Excellent post.
Unfortunately the Forest fans you mention have a very selective memory. Or they liken real football to football manager.
This window has been a success, we have bought sensibly and have serviced the debt.
Still players to leave but as I keep saying MW needs 3 windows to alter the playing staff to his liking.
I believe in his footballing philosophy, so do the players though it will take more time for some to adapt.
I think some need to refresh themselves of Randall's open letter.
The club was in a shocking state and it will take years to turn around.
We are going to lose games, but we will see progress on and off the field.
I for one after the Fawaz debacle look forward to a sustainable development of the club.
COYR!

jbacsta - 1/9/2017 07:54

"we need a "nutter " who gets it right."

Are you putting yourself forward for the job?

You certainly have the qualifications but I wouldn't put money on you getting it right.

PsychoTheLegend - 1/9/2017 08:11

Excellent post.
Unfortunately the Forest fans you mention have a very selective memory. Or they liken real football to football manager.
This window has been a success, we have bought sensibly and have serviced the debt.
Still players to leave but as I keep saying MW needs 3 windows to alter the playing staff to his liking.
I believe in his footballing philosophy, so do the players though it will take more time for some to adapt.
I for one after the Fawaz debacle look forward to a sustainable development of the club.
COYR!

Its refreshing to see some semblance of reality on here a@@@@st the wrist slashing reaction to deadline day.

Its not as if the window was a failure in any shape or form.

Every player we have signed has been an improvement on what we had; we have shipped out most of the dross and some more of the high earners, most of the deadwood has now gone.

There is no magic wand to wave; the squad will be built in stages with us hopefully buying new recruits from a position of strength.

Some people need to get a grip.

mao tse tung - 1/9/2017 08:23

PsychoTheLegend - 1/9/2017 08:11

Excellent post.
COYR!

Its refreshing to see some semblance of reality on here a@@@@st the wrist slashing reaction to deadline day.

Its not as if the window was a failure in any shape or form.

Every player we have signed has been an improvement on what we had; we have shipped out most of the dross and some more of the high earners, most of the deadwood has now gone.

There is no magic wand to wave; the squad will be built in stages with us hopefully buying new recruits from a position of strength.

Some people need to get a grip.

Having read without really posting last night I really don't know what on earth you are talking about in terms of wrist slashing.

One poster offering a contrary opinion that deadline day had not gone well.

On a day in which we failed to secure one of the prime targets.

Hardly wrist slashing- more of a fair observation depending on how you want to look at it.

Far too early to be lauding this window yet.

We've only just managed to shift out most of the players from last year's 'best window ever'

Widdow suggested the new owners didn't know what they were doing

That's what wound people up

Sometimes walking away from deals that don't add up is a better sign of owners knowing what they are doing than signing players

If people don't like the actual signings or the players signed then that's more a reason to suggest the manager doesn't know what he's doing more than the owner

Big story from yesterday's deadline day was the large amount of big deals that DIDNT get done and that's by much much bigger clubs than ourselves

Lots of people clearly don't know what they are doing

Or else wouldn't be backed into corners or unfavourable deals and actually did know what they are doing

I do blame Championship Manager for all of this

The settings are too easy!

Widdows just won the Champions League three years in a row with Stevenage Borough

They play to 75k sell outs at home in an all seater stadium

Are sponsored by Qatar airways and Neymar has been on the bench for them for the last three matches

So you can half see where he's coming from?

He expects a lot now

Jimmy Gordon - 1/9/2017 10:20

Sometimes walking away from deals that don't add up is a better sign of owners knowing what they are doing than signing players

If people don't like the actual signings or the players signed then that's more a reason to suggest the manager doesn't know what he's doing more than the owner

Big story from yesterday's deadline day was the large amount of big deals that DIDNT get done and that's by much much bigger clubs than ourselves

Or else wouldn't be backed into corners or unfavourable deals and actually did know what they are doing

Widdows just won the Champions League three years in a row with Stevenage

Are sponsored by Qatar airways and Neymar has been on the bench for them for the last three matches

Send him to bed without supper!

Calvin Plummer - 1/9/2017 10:24

Jimmy Gordon - 1/9/2017 10:20

Widdows just won the Champions League three years in a row with Stevenage

Send him to bed without supper!

Believe it or not he's a middle aged man!

Married with a kid due any day now actually

Hope it's all going well widdow

That kids going to be the best fantasy football league player in The UK by the age of five

Plus will have access to the biggest comic collection in Europe