Joeys comments | Vital Football

Joeys comments

Was anyone on here at the Fleetwood game? I think Lancs was. or anyone watch on iFollow?

Was Joey right with his comments?

https://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/sp...s-frustration-over-gillingham-draw-1-10154804

Reckons we were time-wasting from the first minute. Also that they prepared for and countered our “direct and physical approach” and that they had enough chances to put the game to bed.

Thoughts?

OSK, Barton also said:

“You have to give Gillingham some credit because they kept going and kept going, but we feel like it’s definitely two points lost. Credit to Steve. They threw a couple of attacking players on, and in the end, his positive approach paid off.”

I didn`t notice time-wasting from us; it was too flippin cold to time waste ! Even at the end, after our goal, it was us who were pressing the play forward and pegging Fleetwood into their own half.

Don`t think we were overly physical either. Barry Fuller announced his arrival quite early on and got a yellow card for his trouble but it was a pretty even contest, in all aspects.

Fleetwood are a good footballing side but we have done well there over the last few years - maybe we like the sea air. We were worth our point and Barton was just doing his job talking up his team and their "bad luck" to the local press. Just the same as Steve Evans did in insisting we should have had all three points.

To be fair, if you just post the quotes (without attributing them) I could just as easily imagine our own manager giving exactly the same reasons why we didn't win.

It would not be a very good policy to time waste from the start. Sides sometimes score early and try and sit on it, but not normally when the game is goalless.

Ninety minutes is an awfully long time when it only takes a second to score a goal.

I am not sure that article is any more critical of us than any home manager would be about the opposition when speaking to their own local paper after the team has not won.

I was there. Nothing out of the ordinary. Both managers said they should have won In the end I think we deserved a draw. I didn't notice any obvious time wasting by us. In fact after we scored we were on the front foot and most likely winners.
The force 8 gale didn't help any attempt at football. Both teams did try and pass it.

It would not be a very good policy to time waste from the start. Sides sometimes score early and try and sit on it, but not normally when the game is goalless.
True and usually the home side attacks from the start so time easting is not really an option.

Did the interviewer dare ask Barton if he knew what the grub is like in Strangeways? Just in case of course.

"To be fair, if you just post the quotes (without attributing them) I could just as easily imagine our own manager giving exactly the same reasons why we didn't win. "

It would be completely different if it was our manager.