Joe | Vital Football

Joe

His problem appears to be his goal rate whilst out on loan and in reserve games .I would love to see a few kids coming through but I personally can't see that any of them deserve minutes over those being used up front anyway.
I would be confident of a midfielder making a difference in the absence of Jefferies we definitely lack a bit of boyish enthusiasm that perhaps a youngster could offer.

Not particularly, as it would suggest we are down to the bare bones.

Haven't really seen enough of him to suggest that he would make much of an impact. His loan spells have not really been earth shattering.

One for the future at best. One to be released in the summer at worst.

There's always an understandable desire to promote a youngster into the first team.

Whilst I'm tempted to say he can't do any worse than either Nadesan or Walker, the fact is that he has not pulled up any trees during his various non league loan spells.

So regrettably there's no evidence to justify his presence in the first team squad other than hope mixed with desperation.

Last edited:
We have seen him in the first team when he was quite a bit younger and he didn't disgrace himself. Most notably he held his own physically, perhaps over enthusiastically when riled by opponents. His loan spells may well have taught him how to deal better with provocation and the underhand stuff.

I hope we have enough senior players to make do but I'm confident Joe will do us proud if called upon.

Don’t rate him myself all be it haven’t seen him more than a few times, always thought Sithole looked the bigger threat of the two as he has pace to get in behind and can finish. But because Joe is big and can hold the ball up he’s perhaps more of a team player and they seem to think he can develop into a goalscoring forward - the rumour is he is one of those who has been offered a contract for next season.

Lets give him a chance.....
Certainly worth a chance.
Remember under Stimmo we had a player with ginger hair who hardly got a look in and was called up because of injuries.
Can’t remember his name.
Stewart something ?
He turned out to be a pretty decent player and was part of the playoff winning team.
Maybe big Joe could do a job?
Goal scoring is opportunistic.

Certainly worth a chance.
Remember under Stimmo we had a player with ginger hair who hardly got a look in and was called up because of injuries.
Can’t remember his name.
Stewart something ?
He turned out to be a pretty decent player and was part of the playoff winning team.
Maybe big Joe could do a job?
Goal scoring is opportunistic.
Are you thinking of Stuart Lewis, Shotty? We signed him from Stevenage and he was immediately a part of the first team squad, I think. I liked him. Certainly one of Stimson’s more astute signings!

Are you thinking of Stuart Lewis, Shotty? We signed him from Stevenage and he was immediately a part of the first team squad, I think. I liked him. Certainly one of Stimson’s more astute signings!
Signed on 28th January 2008 and made his debut on 29th January 2008, going on to make 51 appearances in two and a half years.

Not sure when he "hardly got a look in".

I can't remember the last time we had a striker who came through our youth ranks to establish themselves in the first team.

Signed on 28th January 2008 and made his debut on 29th January 2008, going on to make 51 appearances in two and a half years.

Not sure when he "hardly got a look in".

I can't remember the last time we had a striker who came through our youth ranks to establish themselves in the first team.
My memory is obviously incorrect.
I thought he was back up to Barry Fuller and Barry got injured, giving him a place at right back.
I’m getting old 😂