Joe Morrell signs? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Joe Morrell signs?

Does seem like Chapman might be out on loan again if we're adding Morrell to Pett as more technical like midfielders.
Looking at his past record I'd say he's more a squad player. However, DC seems delighted to have signed him so I'll wait on his better judgement.

Remember a bloke called Danny Stevens , 5' 3" , looked about 15 years old played for Torquay, always ran rings around us, if Morrell puts in performances like he did, no problem about restricted height !

And those of us who were around in the 1970s will remember Dave Boylen, also 5ft 3in, who did a good job in midfield for Grimsby for most of that decade.

i don`t think we are signing a loanee for a full season for him to end up sweeping the terraces or cleaning chewing gum off the Selenity seats.

This lad has been promised games and our other midfielders are going to have to step up to the plate.(freck,moc,pett)
nothing better than competition for shirts. bring it on.
left sided as well which gives more balance to the line up.

does it point to Bruno or Toffs departing?
Coker pending. joining.............left sided..........pointing in a direction of compensatory planning for departures?
or bullcrap?
ellis to go on loan again .....certainty,given these signings?

Last edited:
i don`t think we are signing a loanee for a full season for him to end up sweeping the terraces or cleaning chewing gum off the Selenity seats.

This lad has been promised games and our other midfielders are going to have to step up to the plate.(freck,moc,pett)
nothing better than competition for shirts. bring it on.
left sided as well which gives more balance to the line up.

does it point to Bruno or Toffs departing?
Coker pending. joining.............left sided..........pointing in a direction of compensatory planning for departures?
or bullcrap?
ellis to go on loan again .....certainty,given these signings?

I doubt he’s been promised games. None of our other loanees have. If he’s good enough he’ll earn his place and deserve it. Otherwise he won’t.

With the loan being for a year I have a feeling that he has been bought in to play not sit on the bench. With regards to his height that is irrelevant if the boy can play that it is good enough for me.
A certain Mr Chair was not very tall and look what his skill did to us.

I doubt he’s been promised games. None of our other loanees have. If he’s good enough he’ll earn his place and deserve it. Otherwise he won’t.

Given the fact that both Freck and MOC are not making themselves available every week and oftentimes they can`t even make the 90 minutes then Messi Morrell will get plenty of shifts in midfield, his only other competition is Tom Pett.

DC has belief in this guy as a season long loan suggests that he rates the new recruit.

Tom Pett's not one of pur tallest players but he's quite good ?. Low centre of gravity for quick turning circle, running through oppo players legs, etc. as someone else said, Chair is pretty good as well.

Given the fact that both Freck and MOC are not making themselves available every week and oftentimes they can`t even make the 90 minutes then Messi Morrell will get plenty of shifts in midfield, his only other competition is Tom Pett.

DC has belief in this guy as a season long loan suggests that he rates the new recruit.
Sounds a good addition .Freck and O'Connor were carrying injuries for most of the Season and I expect both will be offering a lot more following a summer of rehab. Our midfield was a bit shaky at times towards the end of the campaign and needs strength .A fit Freck and O'Connor will be like two new signings

I do think it'll be him and Pett for a place. Freck and MOC likely in another slot, unless we play more of a three than a 2 with a 10 in front

MOC
Pett Morrell

With Anderson/Akinde/Andrade if the latter stays