Joe Comper | Vital Football

Joe Comper

Interesting comments re: recruitment staff and data analysis etc. No mention of Hess so I wonder if he’ll be moving on?

Great News - could just be extra responsibility for Joe.

Hopefully that will allow PS to leave and enjoy his hard-earned retirement, IF he goes it will be one less fee or salary to pay.

In the last couple of years or so, the recruitment and contributions of Paul Fisher and Joe Comper have been almost as transformative as the Galinsons' input or investment IMHO.

It now really feels like there is a team ethic and energy behind the scenes with all pulling in the same direction, using their separate skills and strengths.

After so many years of being run by a one man band and going nowhere, the transformation is fabulous. :thumbup:

He seems a good guy and very competent.
Good luck to him.
Overseeing the football and non football areas is a big job.
As we all know, Scally used to work 15 hours a day.
Hopefully this won’t impact Joe’s family life.

with respect, what does jc know about non-commercial stuff i.e the football side? does he have the power to hire and fire or is that still brad and shannon?

Great News - could just be extra responsibility for Joe.

Hopefully that will allow PS to leave and enjoy his hard-earned retirement, IF he goes it will be one less fee or salary to pay.
I'm guessing here, but would have thought that Brad would have already agreed with PS that his time assisting/consulting would last until the end of this season.

Is it my imagination, but has Brad been in the UK continually for a rather long time?

From Shannon's interview on the ME7
podcast, I got the impression that she's been back to the US a couple of times. But not Brad

Must also admit that I've been wondering about the bit in the Fan's Forum when Brad said (I'm parafrasing) that he'd been told that there weren't enough revenue streams around to make the electric advertising boards viable. I wonder who told him that? 🤔

with respect, what does jc know about non-commercial stuff i.e the football side? does he have the power to hire and fire or is that still brad and shannon?
Probably need to see Joe's contract of employment for detail like that.
It will obviously be a learning curve but the Gallinsons clearly trust him and it's their money.

Very few MD's know every aspect of their particular companies. They get the right people in to advise them and trust their judgement. Again, from Shannon's ME7 podcast, she said that Joe was effectively running the place anyway.

I don't see a problem.

As we all know, Scally used to work 15 hours a day.
Hopefully this won’t impact Joe’s family life.
PS did work ridiculously long hours, however that was surely more down to his reluctance to delegate to others, and mistrust of people other than his closest friends and family.

Plus the world was different 10 years ago. A lot of the “work all hours” culture died after Covid.

I’d wager that JC will keep a healthy work/life balance. Plus I don’t see the Galinsons as whipcracking types.