JOC | Vital Football

JOC

Magnetnotmaggots

Vital Squad Member
Spurs interested apparently

Does anybody think we might get a whole £5 million for him ?

After all, when a better placed club comes in and all that.

And we have signed Rodwell from nobody and are apparently in talks with Nottingham Forests third choice left back

It's probably worth pointing out that this comes one of the Sunday papers (the Mirror I think) and said that they had identified JOC as a possible replacement for Vertonghen when he leaves in the summer. It didn't say that they definitely wanted him, nor that they were going to try and sign him this month, which is why I didn't add it to the rumours thread.

It's probably worth pointing out that this comes one of the Sunday papers (the Mirror I think) and said that they had identified JOC as a possible replacement for Vertonghen when he leaves in the summer. It didn't say that they definitely wanted him, nor that they were going to try and sign him this month, which is why I didn't add it to the rumours thread.
It’s also paper talk !

I think this is all twaddle, but if we could buy a £15m replacement and a £25m striker for JOC's £40m fee, would you sell...?
Nope,just cos they cost a lot of money doesn’t mean they will fit the system JOC is one of our main performers in this system and part of the 2nd best defence in the league Chris won’t let go willingly

I think this is all twaddle, but if we could buy a £15m replacement and a £25m striker for JOC's £40m fee, would you sell...?

Certainly not this month, given the time it would take a replacement to learn how to play in our system. That's the sort of thing you would want to do in June so that a new player gets a full pre-season to fit in. That being said, I don't think £40m is enough anyway. The lad is going to be an England international at some point this year (hopefully in time for the Euros), he's a left footed defender (worth their weight in gold), is good on the ball as well as being strong in the tackle and is still at a great age, so I would want at least £60m.

We have to learn to keep our players, and that means paying them in line with what they can expect from the other clubs.
There will come a time when they won't play for peanuts (relatively speaking)

If Man Utd, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Spurs want our players they will pay absolute top dollar for them, why would they want them otherwise ?
They'll pay top dollar just like they would if they wanted a Leicester, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace or Watford player.

I'm fed up of our players moving on to other clubs and the other clubs getting the benefit of the player for a couple of years and then getting the massive financial reward at the end of it. We have to be that club that gets it all.

I wouldn't mind so much if we lost a player occasionally to the biggest clubs because there's nothing we can do to stop it, and the financial benefit could work in our favour if one goes and three good quality players come in.

What will really piss me off after all this time out of the limelight is if our players go to the average run of the mill clubs because they double their wages and see it as a chance to move upwards even further.

Well, fwiw, I too think JOC is a bigger number than £40m, and no we absolutely shouldnt sell him, esepecially this window. While I see a few of the lads capable of playing at other clubs, I think a lot shine here because of the way we play, and how the club is behind the scenes. Fitting successfully into other squads and styles isn't as simple as it looks, (see Duffy...) and quite simply this may be the best they are in their entire careers.

I can understand why someone like Flecky or JOC might be tempted by the £150k a week, but all these lads have known what its like to fail at a club, so I'm hoping that they enjoy success enough to account for that in any decision. Even in a short career, money isn't everything.

Well, fwiw, I too think JOC is a bigger number than £40m, and no we absolutely shouldnt sell him, esepecially this window. While I see a few of the lads capable of playing at other clubs, I think a lot shine here because of the way we play, and how the club is behind the scenes. Fitting successfully into other squads and styles isn't as simple as it looks, (see Duffy...) and quite simply this may be the best they are in their entire careers.

I can understand why someone like Flecky or JOC might be tempted by the £150k a week, but all these lads have known what its like to fail at a club, so I'm hoping that they enjoy success enough to account for that in any decision. Even in a short career, money isn't everything.

If someone pays them £150k a week they'll be gone quicker than you can say "Jack Robinson"
The only good news for us is it would be one of the top clubs buying them and then were talking big numbers.

This won't happen because as good as we have been there is a stepping stone arrangement and we're at the bottom of it.

Even if one of our players was good enough, a top club would wait until he's proven himself at another Premier League club first.

It's just the way it is now, we've allowed ourselves to be so little thought of that our players couldn't possibly be any good whilst playing for us.

The international scene is the same, a player could be outstanding for us and not get a look in, if he then moved to Bournemouth or Watford and had two good games he'd get his first cap almost immediately

Maguire fetched £80 million So how much Jack ?