JET | Vital Football

JET

I would guess the media guy has got a sense of humour. I hope that is all it is .Having someone who has been in trouble is one thing maybe the manager can help keep him on the straight and narrow. But having a guy who proved he could not be trusted to do anything on the pitch is quite another .The guy broke a useful team with his attitude.I am sure that Justin Edinburgh would have believed that JET was his biggest mistake as a manager.Evans might handle him better but if he was too gamble it would be a massive risk.Personally I can't see Evans risking it regardless of wage demands even if he offered to play for free.

Just a strange thing to post up. Video on JETs twitter of him training (and banging them in the top corners !). I think he's planning on playing this season, not sure where though.

An interesting replacement for Hanlan perhaps. One works incredibly hard but rarely scores. The other rarely works but scores incredible goals.

Note sure I can see Scally sanctioning this one though.

(it's an "on this day" post)
@TheGillsFC - 27/08/2016
(from @OfficialJET10 twitter a/c) #OnThisDay in 2016 #Gills came from 2-0 down to defeat Shrewsbury 3-2 at Greenhouse Meadow, with @MaxEhmer scoring in stoppage time to seal all

points for the visitors. @OfficialJET10 scored an absolute cracker in the process, grabbing two on the night!

Proved a let-down but it`s difficult to deny the sublime skill the man had. On his day (yeah i hear it - there might only have been one at GFC ) he was brilliant to watch. Feel sad tbh, if only he`d mastered the missing ingredient in his football he`d likely have made a huge amount of money and been a household name in the Prem. No grudges from me, I don`t know anything about his personal life, maybe there was an issue he couldn`t get the better of - good luck to him, i say.

That's a few days old Gilles . They posted the JET photo today. "on this day" today is the 5-0 V Bolton last season

As I say I can't see Scally sanctioning it and Billy is right that Evans wouldn't put up with it.

Just a strange photo to post today.

I reckon that JET might go to the states where he probably will be allowed to show boat at being a big star etc.That would suit all sides .

I agree its an odd post from the club. Scally would never resign him, given we sent him home halfway through his contract with us and were still paying for him a year later.

Many baffling careers over the years but his has been beyond understanding. Wonderful technique, pace, physique and proved he could bring it together and produce great moments. Those moments dwindled almost from day one and he ended up a poor imitation of himself. I suppose it's unlikely but it would be good if someone could get him to use his talent for a few years.

The only player I've seen at the Gills who got anywhere near the skill of Alan Wilks. Was really excited when I first saw him (destroy Southend in the League Cup) and posted a thread on how brilliant he was.

What a massive let down. It must have been hard to be that lazy.

The only player I've seen at the Gills who got anywhere near the skill of Alan Wilks. Was really excited when I first saw him (destroy Southend in the League Cup) and posted a thread on how brilliant he was.

What a massive let down. It must have been hard to be that lazy.
I agree. It did appear that he was a gifted footballer who didn’t really want to play football.
I’ve known quite a few over the years who just fell out of love with the game.
When I was younger, I played with a guy called Steve Fagan who was absolutely brilliant and I think went to Spurs but just didn’t like football enough to put in the effort required.

When I was younger, I played with a guy called Steve Fagan who was absolutely brilliant and I think went to Spurs but just didn’t like football enough to put in the effort required.

In my case it wasn’t that I didn’t like football enough. It’s that I liked beer, women and lounging around doing nothing a lot more.

That and I was also sh!t at football.

In my case I had childhood illness that often prevented me from playing. I was not that much good it always seemed that I read the game well enough but my feet were unable to carry out what my brain wanted them to do.A least I can claim a women's football international in the family all be it by marriage. And a close family friend who is referee. Plus two titles as kids a 5 a side manager.

This just shows how people are so different. I saw Stuart Pearce at a charity talk a couple of years ago and he made the point that he loved the game but wasn’t as good as most players so he knew he had to eat better, train better and sleep better than anyone else just to compete. He dedicated his life to it.

Then there are people like David Batty and Bobby Zamora who just don’t really like football but were good enough at it to work bloody hard and make a career.

Then there are those like JET who, for whatever reason, just don’t have the desire. We shouldn’t judge this type of player, as frustrating as it can be to watch them, as we have no idea what is happening in their lives.

One man’s shit is another man’s treasure. Most football fans think being a professional footballer is a dream job, but for some in that position, it isn’t.

This just shows how people are so different. I saw Stuart Pearce at a charity talk a couple of years ago and he made the point that he loved the game but wasn’t as good as most players so he knew he had to eat better, train better and sleep better than anyone else just to compete. He dedicated his life to it.

Then there are people like David Batty and Bobby Zamora who just don’t really like football but were good enough at it to work bloody hard and make a career.

Then there are those like JET who, for whatever reason, just don’t have the desire. We shouldn’t judge this type of player, as frustrating as it can be to watch them, as we have no idea what is happening in their lives.

One man’s shit is another man’s treasure. Most football fans think being a professional footballer is a dream job, but for some in that position, it isn’t.
There’s also a fair bit of pressure if you play upfront but are not scoring.
I know for a fact that Gills fans are pretty forgiving if they can see that the player is putting the effort in ( Denis Oli, Gary Mulligan)
but will never accept a quality player who strolls it.

There’s also a fair bit of pressure if you play upfront but are not scoring.
I know for a fact that Gills fans are pretty forgiving if they can see that the player is putting the effort in ( Denis Oli, Gary Mulligan)
but will never accept a quality player who strolls it.
I think pre conceived ideas of earnings have more to do with that than the quality of the player.DJ Oldaker was probably a fair example. The crowd would perhaps be a lot more forgiving of him strolling it a bit than Evans was prepared to allow. The Oldaker departure for me points to the fact that regardless of Scally there is no way that Steve Evans will be interested in JET.