Jeff Bezos | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jeff Bezos

Tried our local "artisan" coffee shop for a bit of brekkie the other day. Two sausage sandwiches and two flat whites for £18.
If these independents are going to moan about the Costas and Neros of this world, they need to at least be a but more competitive.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people 🙄
Same here. The independent coffee stalls and cafes I know charge astonishing prices. It’s such a shame. It’s not even that the bigger ones charge low prices!

Sh*t coffee 😁

Yeah, that's almost always true, nobs. I always opt for a mug of tea when in the greasy spoon.

Good quality coffee is always expensive to buy in coffee shops. Sometimes obscenely so. But I suppose it's a simar thing to buying a pint of beer in a pub; the price is always much higher than buying in a supermarket and drinking at home.

I got this coffee making thingy a couple uf years ago. It's pretty amazing. Makes lovely coffee, is portable and is really easy to clean. If you're a coffee lover my advice is to get yourself one of these:

https://aeropress.com/

Yeah, that's almost always true, nobs. I always opt for a mug of tea when in the greasy spoon.

Good quality coffee is always expensive to buy in coffee shops. Sometimes obscenely so. But I suppose it's a simar thing to buying a pint of beer in a pub; the price is always much higher than buying in a supermarket and drinking at home.

I got this coffee making thingy a couple uf years ago. It's pretty amazing. Makes lovely coffee, is portable and is really easy to clean. If you're a coffee lover my advice is to get yourself one of these:

https://aeropress.com/

Hmm.. are you in cahoots with Amazon?! I was watching this video yesterday
where they demonstrate an aeropress.

Have you got hold of my data?

Tried our local "artisan" coffee shop for a bit of brekkie the other day. Two sausage sandwiches and two flat whites for £18.
If these independents are going to moan about the Costas and Neros of this world, they need to at least be a but more competitive.
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask when he robbed people 🙄

Clue is in the name Nobby, "Artisan".

If you want a cheap burger, you go to McDonalds, if you want a good burger you go to proper restaurant or similar, and pay 5x as much.

Greasy spoons have their place, costas have their place, and posh cafes have their place too, just pick accordingly.

If you want a cheap burger, you go to McDonalds, if you want a good burger you go to proper restaurant or similar, and pay 5x as much.

Greasy spoons have their place, costas have their place, and posh cafes have their place too, just pick accordingly.
I deliberately used the term ‘independent’ but should’ve used small. Artisan suggests a comprehensive choice of high quality coffees, I agree.

I personally have a few companies that I boycott and will not use under any circumstances.
Number one is Ryanair because their CEO is a first class twat.
Number two are Starbucks, Costa and all other coffee chains.
I’ll happily use independent coffee shops.
I don’t buy anything from Amazon at all and haven’t for many years.
It’s probably a bit irrational and irrelevant but that’s how I feel.
Good list there Shotshy, especially Starbucks.

Agreed, it was no better than Costa though. Using the word "artisan' seems like an excuse to add 25% onto the price.

Agreed, it was no better than Costa though. Using the word "artisan' seems like an excuse to add 25% onto the price.

Couldn't agree more!

I tend to avoid artisanal places if I can, there's plenty of decent coffee shops and similar around bromley etc that do good stuff without costing the earth. In marylebone where my office is however, and it's suddenly madness!

Gotta pay the rents and wages somehow I suppose.

Couldn't agree more!

I tend to avoid artisanal places if I can, there's plenty of decent coffee shops and similar around bromley etc that do good stuff without costing the earth. In marylebone where my office is however, and it's suddenly madness!

Gotta pay the rents and wages somehow I suppose.
I should add the word "bespoke" as a similar excuse for price hikes. Why is it always more expensive to buy a "bespoke" suit or kitchen than it is to buy a "made to measure" one?

Same fing innit?

I should add the word "bespoke" as a similar excuse for price hikes. Why is it always more expensive to buy a "bespoke" suit or kitchen than it is to buy a "made to measure" one?

Same fing innit?
Nah !
Totally different.
Ever have a Burtons made to measure ?
Different class.