Jeff Bezos | Vital Football

Jeff Bezos

Buddha

Vital Football Hero
"Jeff Bezos could give a £105k bonus to every single Amazon employee and still be as rich as he was at the beginning of the pandemic."

Quick google estimates show current worth $200billion, worth 2019 $140billion

Total for Amazon workers 798000 with £105k converted into dollars, $116billion

$56billion shortfall over pandemic.

She said $67billion increase, so not far off my estimate.
Have I missed a calculation?

Edit: Buds, she said $105000 not pounds so $84billion for all employees.

Last edited:
Bezos and Musk are both basically driven I.T. whizzes with good business sense. Worked for them!

Bezos and Musk are both basically driven I.T. whizzes with good business sense. Worked for them!

And if national governments are not prepared to control or legislate against them then its not the companies fault that they pay little tax or decimate high streets or become monopolies.

And if national governments are not prepared to control or legislate against them then its not the companies fault that they pay little tax or decimate high streets or become monopolies.
Agreed.
Capitalism is the greatest force for good - progress and spreading wealth.....
...as long as monopolies are prevented from forming.
...and the "rules" are fair.

Why should the likes of Amazon be allowed to Trademark everyday words like "Prime Day" ???
(and attempt to prosecute an independent fishmonger).

Why should top executives - especially of companies with thousands of shareholders - be allowed to pay themselves 100x, 200x minimum wage ?
(Not that I would regulate that - but the ratio should be made public - so all those SJWs who think certain Corporates should be boycotted for being politically incorrect can be asked "why" they give the likes of Amazon a free pass !)

Why does Amazon pay minimal Business Rates because "warehouses" are rated differently from High Streets ?

Why are many Amazon trades from UK customers booked in Luxembourg ?

So yes... ask national governments why the "rules" allow such practices.

Last edited:
(Not that I would regulate that - but the ratio should be made public - so all those SJWs who think certain Corporates should be boycotted for being politically incorrect can be asked "why" they give the likes of Amazon a free pass !)
Yep - couldn't go to Wetherspoons for lunch with one mate because of him vetoing them because of chairman's Brexit position. Guy was an SJW for most things, but if he needed to buy something ......

Yep - couldn't go to Wetherspoons for lunch with one mate because of him vetoing them because of chairman's Brexit position. Guy was an SJW for most things, but if he needed to buy something ......
The Spoons boycott always amused me. Obviously the FBPE bitter remainers would love the excuse, although I didn’t hear anything actually racist or xenophobic in his comments. Many people would happily say they’re boycotting something they look down upon anyway.

Otherwise there were the comments pre-Furlough where the owner said he’ll have to make his staff redundant and they’d be better off working in Tesco’s. Was that not true? The country was in lockdown and hospitality industry fucked with no news of a furlough scheme to save them. Meanwhile Tesco employees were to become recognised for their importance while they remained the few still in employment.

Now if you were to say you’re boycotting Spoons because of their aggressive dealings with breweries then you have a relevant point. But then if you’re high on morals then you wouldn’t be visiting anything other than freehold pubs or micropubs given how appallingly many breweries treat their landlords.

I personally have a few companies that I boycott and will not use under any circumstances.
Number one is Ryanair because their CEO is a first class twat.
Number two are Starbucks, Costa and all other coffee chains.
I’ll happily use independent coffee shops.
I don’t buy anything from Amazon at all and haven’t for many years.
It’s probably a bit irrational and irrelevant but that’s how I feel.

I personally have a few companies that I boycott and will not use under any circumstances.
Number one is Ryanair because their CEO is a first class twat.
Number two are Starbucks, Costa and all other coffee chains.
I’ll happily use independent coffee shops.
I don’t buy anything from Amazon at all and haven’t for many years.
It’s probably a bit irrational and irrelevant but that’s how I feel.
How much is it for an independent coffee where you live?