Javier garrido - left back | Page 6 | Vital Football

Javier garrido - left back

I want AK to succeed, but perhaps fans should keep their enthusiasm for the new signings in check until they have proved their worth and we have witnessed an improvement of the team.

Let's remember, fans were happy (at the time) when signing the likes of Clough, Mills, Manc, McKay, Hobbs etc (today’s villains). Therefore, we should try to learn the lesson to keep enthusiam in check until the new signings (today’s heroes) have proved their worth 10-20 games in.

Polly 433 - 8/2/2018 01:41

Two points to add to this argument.

Firstly. What is the Forest track record for selling expensive players and buying good up and coming players. Sold MA, Burke and BA. (£35M) Bought??????

Secondly premiership is the goal. Assuming we are not going up 2018. The best we can hope for is 2019. Playing first season in premiership with players that are three years older than they are now. Geddy will be 34, Watson 35 Colback 31. Garrido if we ever sign him 34. To be successful we would either have to buy a new heart of team in 2020 or hope some of youngsters break thru. Problem is they have route thru now blocked. About 8 midfielders between someone like Edser and a first team game. AK has to think short-term because that is the lifespan of a manager today. He can only think of this season. In July he needs to think only about the remainder of 2018. Short-termism is rife.
Thats no way to run a club/team. Reminds me of Billy.

Think you might be a bit pessimistic Polly. It could be that our new manager has been given a bit more time than in the past and his immediate job is to keep us up. Having done that and I feel sure that he will then some of these loans will go and with a bit of luck he may have some cash to splash in the summer, possibly including the sale of Worrall and Osborn.
This is the first manager in ages who I think gives us a fighting chance. Given time. And I wouldn't be surprised if our new owner gives him that time.

Nixon reporting that Spanish free-agent left back has arrived....but that it's NOT Garrido.

Southern red - 7/2/2018 22:24

You read today about mw saying he only had 1 window etc...and yet Karanka has seen our problems, signed quality to solve the problems in a matter of weeks

I think we need to give him the tools required and see where the journey takes us...one thing is certain with forest, it’s never straight forward!
On top of that, maybe MW had one window to address the issues, but he had the luxury to be with the squad for 3 months before the summer window started plus the whole window (without the pressure of fighting a relegation battle) to identify players/signings...what was astonishing was that ,it seems, the only two positions we missed out from the targets set, were a goalkeeper and the McGinn fella from Hibs...

Rumours that it's actually Juan Rafael Fuentes, a 28 year old left back from Cordoba (same club we got Pinillos from).

Fritz24 - 8/2/2018 12:38

Rumours that it's actually Juan Rafael Fuentes, a 28 year old left back from Cordoba (same club we got Pinillos from).

he's from Osasuna mate.

Bad_Dog - 8/2/2018 13:49

Fritz24 - 8/2/2018 12:38

he's from Osasuna mate.

Yeah had noticed, though he did play for Cordoba before.

Interesting little tale:

Player gets called out in front of squad for poor performance and is subsequently frozen from first team action. Said player approaches chairman on behalf of several disgruntled senior players around doubts over managers ability and methods. Manager sacked very soon after. Player assumes all will be fine and dandy under new manager. Player now not at the club nor his mates he spoke up for.

Sniffer Dog - 8/2/2018 14:00

New Sporting Director now confirmed. Luke Dowling.

From Watford?

Did he oversee their rise from Championship to the Premiership? Or was he just brought on board in the Premier?

Either way, Watford did alright for themselves threatening to get promoted for a few seasons in the Championship before they got promoted.

They've done alright for themselves in the Premier.

I'd settle for Forest making similar progress.

Perhaps Luke and Karanka will be a dream ticket?

SA.

ozzyten10 - 8/2/2018 15:41

Interesting little tale:

Player gets called out in front of squad for poor performance and is subsequently frozen from first team action. Said player approaches chairman on behalf of several disgruntled senior players around doubts over managers ability and methods. Manager sacked very soon after. Player assumes all will be fine and dandy under new manager. Player now not at the club nor his mates he spoke up for.

Mutiny...?

That would explain some players having their cards marked. Attitude problems are now attitudes gone, bad apples and all. Don't want that kind of stuff poisoning the young crop of players.

The Cull was extensive.

Players that had come in from 8 successive managers have gotten those managers the sack.

I could understand Karanka being paranoid about such things after the player rebellion (?) at Boro'..?

New broom sweeps old.

I'd expect a similar scorched Earth policy in the Summer.

SA.

Interesting little tale:

MWs sacking was not related to that incident and neither was Franks dismissal either.

Old Red Fart - 8/2/2018 00:17

Polly 433 - 8/2/2018 01:41

Two points to add to this argument.

Firstly. What is the Forest track record for selling expensive players and buying good up and coming players. Sold MA, Burke and BA. (£35M) Bought??????

Secondly premiership is the goal. Assuming we are not going up 2018. The best we can hope for is 2019. Playing first season in premiership with players that are three years older than they are now. Geddy will be 34, Watson 35 Colback 31. Garrido if we ever sign him 34. To be successful we would either have to buy a new heart of team in 2020 or hope some of youngsters break thru. Problem is they have route thru now blocked. About 8 midfielders between someone like Edser and a first team game. AK has to think short-term because that is the lifespan of a manager today. He can only think of this season. In July he needs to think only about the remainder of 2018. Short-termism is rife.
Thats no way to run a club/team. Reminds me of Billy.

Think you might be a bit pessimistic Polly. It could be that our new manager has been given a bit more time than in the past and his immediate job is to keep us up. Having done that and I feel sure that he will then some of these loans will go and with a bit of luck he may have some cash to splash in the summer, possibly including the sale of Worrall and Osborn.
This is the first manager in ages who I think gives us a fighting chance. Given time. And I wouldn't be surprised if our new owner gives him that time.

"we categorically are not selling Worral in the summer " or words to that sentiment coming from the top so if you have faith then should be on that too I guess ;)

Interesting little tale:

The player meeting was supposedly held on the Sunday morning (New Years Eve) after the Sunderland defeat - which followed, the Boxing Day defeat by Wednesday.

Mills taken off at HT against Bristol City mid Dec & didn't appear again for MW.

Osborn was at LB for both games (to start with), Traore was apparently very unhappy at that, but his attitude had been questioned before - Carayol & Ward both featured as subs over Xmas.

Carayol has since spoken out about not being wanted at Forest.

There were more than just Mills & those named above & whilst they've all been moved on, most had their contracts up this summer anyway.

Personally - I have no problem at all with an unhappy player going to see a manager about not being selected, but going behind his back to a Chairman is a different matter.