Jason Kerr | Vital Football

Jason Kerr

He was a big loss last season. Maybe if he had been in the team we could have stoped up. Or maybe if he had been fit. Could have walked like the other 2 for nothing.

But when he gets up to full match fitness, will he;

a) walk straight back into the team

b) start from the bench

c) who makes way for him

Nevertheless, its very good news that he's on his way back.

But when he gets up to full match fitness, will he;

a) walk straight back into the team

b) start from the bench

c) who makes way for him

Nevertheless, its very good news that he's on his way back.

After the injury Kerr has had we don't know if he'll come back the same player, so he probably will have to play some cup games and impress to get himself in contention.

If he can impress and we keep the wing backs he would probably be most likely to take Clare's place on the right side of a back 3, as that is where he's played the most of his career. But I think there's an argument that he could be better as the centre of the 3 allowing Hughes to go on the right and that allows him a bit more freedom to get forward and play more of his cross field switches.

Nothing against Clare but if Kerr comes back strong he is going to be a big boost coming into the side.

Kerr will provide competition and back up to Hughes and Clare and it’s inevitable that injuries will occur which mean we will benefit from having someone of kerrs quality to come in.

He will also replace Rekik in January when Omar's loan period ends.

I think even if Kerr wasn't back we probably wouldn't ask to renew Rekik's loan based on current form.

He has been played out of position and not had a run to find his feet so i recognise that he's not had the best opportunity. But we already have too many loans so i imagine we'll probably want to return some of them to free up space for new recruits as we wont be able to pay any nominal fees and there probably wont be many players paid up and released on frees from mid season. So rotating our loan players is probably our only real potential to strengthen.

Balagizi isn't featuring so unless something changes soon we will probably want to send him back. I'd not lose any sleep if we sent Watts back either to be honest, but we will probably keep him as back up if we stick with a 3 CBs.

But i do really worry Fulham will recall Godo to send him to a Championship club if he keeps progressing so quickly.

I think even if Kerr wasn't back we probably wouldn't ask to renew Rekik's loan based on current form.

He has been played out of position and not had a run to find his feet so i recognise that he's not had the best opportunity. But we already have too many loans so i imagine we'll probably want to return some of them to free up space for new recruits as we wont be able to pay any nominal fees and there probably wont be many players paid up and released on frees from mid season. So rotating our loan players is probably our only real potential to strengthen.

Balagizi isn't featuring so unless something changes soon we will probably want to send him back. I'd not lose any sleep if we sent Watts back either to be honest, but we will probably keep him as back up if we stick with a 3 CBs.

But i do really worry Fulham will recall Godo to send him to a Championship club if he keeps progressing so quickly.

Rekik was due to go on loan to a Championship side this season but it fell through last minute and given his loan with us last season it was an obvious place to send him.

I doubt there was ever any intention of him staying with us beyond January and he was only ever going to be here until Kerr was fit. Maloney gave an update earlier in the season were he said that if we got Jason Kerr back before January he would be pleasantly surprised.

Didn't we try to get Jones back in January but couldn't due to it being a season long loan, perhaps the same applies to Martial. I hope it does although it would also open the door for Jonny Smith if he was recalled.

I can actually see Balagizi returning in January.

Didn't we try to get Jones back in January but couldn't due to it being a season long loan, perhaps the same applies to Martial. I hope it does although it would also open the door for Jonny Smith if he was recalled.

We know we haven't been able to pay loan fees so it's very unlikely teams would not have a recall clause if we aren't paying for the guarantee.

We could have recalled Humphrys, McGrath and Jones but there was a cut off date for the first 2 that Toure passed on before Maloney arrived and he tried to recall Jones but we mucked up the paper work at the last minute.