January Window update | Vital Football

January Window update

Kevin sheldon

Vital Youth Team
I think the purpose of the January transfer window is to give a team a boost and reenergise them for the final push. It seemed especially important to us after losing Wyke and Asgaard.
Overall, i put our summer business down as a huge success especially with some shrewd Bosman signings.

But this window just feels like we got it wrong or were chasing the wrong targets or were just unlucky or our plan B and C targets just have not worked. Tilt was a good signing and has had many good games this season as well as contributing to set pieces being a focal point to defend against leaving room for others like Whatmough. Shinnie from what i have read would be the best player in league 1. Not sure about that one. I have seen more of Lord Lucan than McGrath. Magennis is shit. Rhee although limited should be playing every week as he is fresh and would add backbone to centre midfield. Would have happily kicked Pritchard up and down yesterday. Crucially, he looks the only one actually happy to be here.
The others still look shell shocked to not be at their previous clubs. As for "time to settle in". Of course that sometimes is necessary, but what we needed was a Graham Kavanagh type figure who hit the ground running and gave us some necessary momentum to help us get promoted.