January 2024 transfers | Page 24 | Vital Football

January 2024 transfers

Also, anyone know if the club will buy Lima in summer or has it just been a year long holiday in Norfolk for the South American?

So apparently Fortuna Dusseldorf are preparing to sign Tzolis on a permanent deal before the selling him immediately for profit, reports in Greece claim.

Dusseldorf have an option to buy Tzolis for £4.5 million.

This Greek media reports that they will activate this and then sell for more money to a German side. Wolfsburg and Borussia Monchengladbach are two who are wanting to buy him

This is from the Ink Un.

So apparently Fortuna Dusseldorf are preparing to sign Tzolis on a permanent deal before the selling him immediately for profit, reports in Greece claim.

Dusseldorf have an option to buy Tzolis for £4.5 million.

This Greek media reports that they will activate this and then sell for more money to a German side. Wolfsburg and Borussia Monchengladbach are two who are wanting to buy him

This is from the Ink Un.

You have to be joking about the fee of £4.5m. Didnt Webber say he would be a £50m player?

You have to be joking about the fee of £4.5m. Didnt Webber say he would be a £50m player?
It was DF who said that and also that he had the potential to be a world class winger.

Guy still has a couple of years on his deal so why don't we just hold off and then sell to one of these German clubs for the 8 million that the rumour says that Dusseldorf can get for him?

I dont think you are right re that.
I think I am:

DF on Tzolis when we signed him:

'He was worth the money that we spent on him because he's one of the hottest prospects on the winger position in Europe for his age. He has the potential one day to be one of the best wingers in the world, because he's quick, he delivers end product, he can score, he can assist, he can run in behind, he is a great character. This is why many, many clubs in Europe were chasing him.'

I think I am:

DF on Tzolis when we signed him:

'He was worth the money that we spent on him because he's one of the hottest prospects on the winger position in Europe for his age. He has the potential one day to be one of the best wingers in the world, because he's quick, he delivers end product, he can score, he can assist, he can run in behind, he is a great character. This is why many, many clubs in Europe were chasing him.'

Where's the reference to £50m in that quote?

Where's the reference to £50m in that quote?
It was £100 million, but I am not able to remember the exact quote off the top of my head - here you go:

'If there would be a guarantee that he makes the next steps and reaches that level then he would be worth £100m, because that is the going price for the best wingers in the world.'

I see NC are considering transferring Wagner out of the club in the summer and bringing Arsenals Cuesta in . Sounds like a good idea to me as long as he doesn’t become yet another unpleasant puppet of the doddering Smiffs and causes divisions amongst the fans
I wrote a big bit on this earlier on another thread then deleted as I read the original report and it was all 'He could be sacked', 'he might be replaced', 'Norwich could go for..' and I decided that it was pointless to write about this as it was an arsenal fan site and full of ifs, coulds and maybes - and BB would be on it like a shot and telling me this is fake news :cool: .

This chap was linked with us when BK started his job early with us and it feels like recycled news. the other thing is that would Norwich actually do something like this to a manager they obviously really like. Delia is weak and would never do something like this without extreme pressure - would BK sack DW after saying he is behind DW and that they are on the same page and have improved so much.

The club, for me, are happy with how things are going under DW and how the season has gone. What happens if we go up will they still replace him - is this a decision that will not change?

The only thing I can think is that BK (who was at the game) saw the reaction of the fans and their distrust in DW, the way that we lost control (again) of a game and then heard his response and has decided that something needs to change if we want to stay in the premiership (if we went up) or if we wanted to go up next season.

This story has caught fire and is seemingly everywhere now, but the original article (I saw first pop up) was just a 'might/could' piece, but hey maybe there is more to it.

(Add to this that the Ink Un say that the source is the Guardian - the first I saw was this morning on an Arsenal Site) - I believe that Ipswich are also lining him up if their current boss is poached by Palace or another premiership side.

I wrote a big bit on this earlier on another thread then deleted as I read the original report and it was all 'He could be sacked', 'he might be replaced', 'Norwich could go for..' and I decided that it was pointless to write about this as it was an arsenal fan site and full of ifs, coulds and maybes - and BB would be on it like a shot and telling me this is fake news :cool: .

FCB.
Regarding 'fake news', I can assure you that I am not Donald Trump in disguise :rotfl: :rotfl:

I see NC are considering transferring Wagner out of the club in the summer and bringing Arsenals Cuesta in . Sounds like a good idea to me as long as he doesn’t become yet another unpleasant puppet of the doddering Smiffs and causes divisions amongst the fans

Why would Arsenal's no2 would want to join us in the Championship?
I give this story a very low probability of happening.

Why would Arsenal's no2 would want to join us in the Championship?
I give this story a very low probability of happening.
Noises are he wants a manager job and happy to drop down like Kieran McKenna has done and others like Corberán and Carrick

I am sure I made mention on here that the club would look at loaning Gibbs out, but nothing came of it.... well a report has now come out stating Sheffield Wednesday were in discussions to take him on loan for the rest of the season, before that was cancelled by DW as we couldn't get the midfielder in we wanted Varane - DW has mentioned a few times that he didn't want to be left short (like he has with Placheta leaving in the winger department).

I am sure I made mention on here that the club would look at loaning Gibbs out, but nothing came of it.... well a report has now come out stating Sheffield Wednesday were in discussions to take him on loan for the rest of the season, before that was cancelled by DW as we couldn't get the midfielder in we wanted Varane - DW has mentioned a few times that he didn't want to be left short (like he has with Placheta leaving in the winger department).

Hanley can play as a winger...............

3 mins into this video - he chases the ball down in the corner flag and
puts over a great cross ........just like a winger!

Stuffing the binmen was marvellous.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

So Leeds tried to buy Rashica in January about 6 months after we sold him for £4.5 million. They apparently offered £6 million for him, which was rejected.