January 2023 | Page 14 | Vital Football

January 2023

Hugill on his way to Rotherham. I am guessing the fee will be low but anything is good I guess.

Another Webber family masterstroke.
Freebies to South America to form a sister club where we cannot sign players from.
Maybe try getting their son onto the pay roll to sort it out.

Does it work both ways. Can we send Gibson and Mc Clean to Brazil.

And the brazilian defender cant sign from our sister club as he doesn’t qualify for a visa here, brilliant
You'd think someone at the club would have realised this would be the case. The funny thing is webber has been banging about how we will use this market as it will be easier for us to sign players than it would be in Europe.

I guess they wanted to sign him and loan him out to a club where he could gain citizenship and build up his points?

Another Webber family masterstroke.
Freebies to South America to form a sister club where we cannot sign players from.
Maybe try getting their son onto the pay roll to sort it out.

Does it work both ways. Can we send Gibson and Mc Clean to Brazil.
Isn't it funny.

Well if the reports were true and they were prepared to spend £600k on him (I think it was that amount) then use that somewhere else. Surely you can buy a talented (unknown) British young defender for that much - have a scout Norwich.

Transfer rumours / news regarding clubs of Norwich size promoted about time of one of our recent promotion dates.

Brighton are reportedly interested in £20m-rated Shakhtar Donetsk and Ukraine centre-back Mykola Matviyenko.

Bournemouth are said to be vying with Southampton for the signature of Villarreal and Senegal forward Nicolas Jackson.

Leicester signed Copenhagen defender Victor Kristiansen for £17m.

Bournemouth recruited winger Dango Ouattara for about £20m from French club Lorient

Southampton bought midfielder Carlos Alcaraz from Argentine side Racing Club for £12m.

Wolves signed Paris St-Germain winger Pablo Sarabia for £4.4m

Nottingham Forest landed Palmeiras midfielder Danilo for about £16m

More than £437m has already been spent in this transfer window by Premier League clubs.

Meanwhile Championship promotion chasing Norwich City will not be able to sign Brazilian defender Thalisson this month from partner club Coritiba due to the rules governing overseas transfers, according to reports in South America. The Canaries were stretching their transfer budget in being prepared to pay out a reported massive £ 600 k after selling Todd Cantwell to Rangers for £ 1.5 million. Reports are coming in from Brazil that the transfer may be able to happen in the Summer window when promotion has been missed out on.
However, better news is that Norwich have stepped up their promotion bid by selling Saxon Earley and Tyrese Omotoye, with striker Jordan Hugill currently in talks with Rotherham regarding a permanent move.
They have however strengthened the squad by bringing back injured Przemyslaw Placheta back from loan and allowing promising full back Bali Mumba to stay at Plymouth.

Last edited:
What a joke of a club . Please ,just get out of our club Smiffs
2023 and the club think 600k is massive. Will the 1.5 million, 600k (not spent on Brazilian), money from omotoye, Earley and hugill go into transfer kitty or not? I mean that could give DW a massive amount to spend 🤣🤣🤣

I'd have thought as we have little to no money, because, you know, the self funded model is great, that we'd be chasing players out of contract in a few months as they'll be at a reduced rate like cantwell

A few decent players contracts expiring

Seems hugill passed fitness test and it's all done.

It will be a small amount but huge for us as a club who still live in 1990.

I'm thinking about 400/500k

2023 and the club think 600k is massive. Will the 1.5 million, 600k (not spent on Brazilian), money from omotoye, Earley and hugill go into transfer kitty or not? I mean that could give DW a massive amount to spend 🤣🤣🤣

I doubt we got anything for Omotoye.
Any money is needed to help pay off the second short term loan of £45m.
Enjoy!

The last paragraph contained my cynical wording but the point is how far away we are from the clubs of equal size who paid out money and kept premier league status.

So Sinani is looking like the next one out the door.

We will be down to 0 wingers soon.

Coventry and Birmingham both looking to make an offer

Even the Ink Un make mention that it is a risk to let another player go when Ramsey, Springett, Cantwell have all be let go recently leaving us short.

They also mention that the club is wanting to trim the squad down - How much further down do they want to go?

As I said previously I am happy for players who are out of contract in a few months and have no future being sold for some cash but we need a plan to replace them.

The Ink un says that the plan in Jan under DS was to sign one player in a specific position but with DW coming in that has now been scraped - not the brazilian was it?

Looks like DW will have to go with youth instead of getting a new player in, which is fine but will he actually play them if needed?

Kamara, Clarke, Warner, hills and Stewart all moved from u23s to first team to train.

So a forward, two central defenders, an attacking midfielder and left back.

It's interesting that no right bab cover still.